Found a class ring! How do I go about returning it?

Noahmcclain977

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I found a class ring while metal detecting last week (I found it deep in the woods, was not expecting it!). It's really well well made. It's a silver ladies ring and Herff Jones made it. Her name is Jessica (initials J.A.P), and she graduated from Magnolia High in Texas in 2009. I can't find anything on facebook about her. I looked it up and it cost between 400$-500$ to make this ring, I know if i spent that much on a silver ring I would NOT want to lose it. So I'm looking for some advice! How would I go about returning it? Should I go to the school? I don't know where to start! Thanks guys! (The ring only fits on my pinky finger, haha)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510412404.651067.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510411911.243562.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510411972.759482.jpg

Upvote 5

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I returned three classrings so far by Facebook and contacting school. Using Facebook I search for the Graduating class for that school. Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using TreasureNet.com mobile app

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say contact the school with the info you have. If you could accomplish a return you both would be very happy.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Another way: Contact the local library and ask if they have a copy of the 2009 MHS yearbook.
If so, ask them to look up the complete name.
Caution: There are two high schools in Magnolia, Texas.
Don..

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another way: Contact the local library and ask if they have a copy of the 2009 MHS yearbook.
If so, ask them to look up the complete name.
Caution: There are two high schools in Magnolia, Texas.
Don..
This is exactly what I did. I was lucky enough that the owner of the ring was the only one in his class with those initials.
He was on Facebook and I sent him a PM and the rest is history.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I contacted the school on mine and they gave me the last address of the person. I contacted his parents and they said they bought a metal detector when their son lost it, looked many times never finding it. It was getting close to Christmas and parents gave me their sons address at college and I mailed it to him. Never heard from him. I was concerned if he received it so I called his parents and they said he did and thanked me. It was successful. Believe me you will make that girl and yourself happy once you return it. Remember, it could be yours someday that shows up in the mail, I’m still waiting on mine I lost 50 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread