Silverware Dump!

lkylemoore

Jan 28, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer, Nel Storm, Maxpedition Octa Versipack, Grey Ghost Amphibian
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past year I have been extremely busy with building a new home, moving 3 times and changing to a new job. So, I haven’t had much time to md. We all know it is hunting season and I thought I would break out the detector at the cabin on the farm where we hunt. I know the cabin was built in the 50s but the family that live in it had an original home site late 1800s on the property that their grandmother had that I am anxious to find and hunt. Needless to say....my first good sound after some trash was a fork. After digging it, another fork......then so on and so on! The pics will tell the rest of the story! After cleaning them all up as best as I could.....there were not any solid silver, but mostly everyone of them were silver plated. I was able to date most of them from 1915-1955, along with a few stainless modern ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_8072.JPG
    IMG_8072.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8073.JPG
    IMG_8073.JPG
    367.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_8074.JPG
    IMG_8074.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8071.JPG
    IMG_8071.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Upvote 16

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe they didn't like to wash dishes:laughing7:....seriously, I bet that was exciting wondering what's next.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pieces of history,would be great for display .Theres gotta be a story behind those woukd be cool to try and find out. There could have been a salesman who got sick of trying to sell them and quit and tossed em now look for a vacume cleaner LOL

OP
OP
lkylemoore

lkylemoore

Jan 28, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer, Nel Storm, Maxpedition Octa Versipack, Grey Ghost Amphibian
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the replies! I think I will go with salesman scenario!! Kidding aside...I was kinda disappointed when I finally dug the last one! I really enjoyed the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic large silver find, congratulations! :notworthy:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cutlery hoard! I think you win that category hands down, that's a lot of items for one recovery.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You know if you want they can be replated if necessary and you can use them....

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just....weird!:tongue3: I bet you did enjoy recovering all those wonderful utensils. It does make you scratch your head and wonder....? Thanks for sharing the unusual digs.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread