New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my Excalibur II out in the soybean field. I'm waiting for my new coil from Deus to get back from the shop. That machine works good, it's just allot lighter in the water lol.
Enjoy the pic
HH & GL
Brad
1511134295766.jpg
1511134409767.jpg

Upvote 18

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you know? Looks toasted to me???

I found a large green coin today that is also toasted, can’t see a thing on it sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save Treble! Is it Capped or Draped? Sorry, not doubting...I thought I saw the...bosom?..lol. BUT..either way, that sure us an awesome copper find...Ddf

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the big copper Brad. The excal really? No other back-up detector?

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Congrats and HH

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Almost looks like a William and Mary. My eyes must be playing tricks on me.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save Treble! Is it Capped or Draped? Sorry, not doubting...I thought I saw the...bosom?..lol. BUT..either way, that sure us an awesome copper find...Ddf

Congrats on the big copper Brad. The excal really? No other back-up detector?
Thanks Kev, I had a AT pro that I really needed money, so I sold it. I can and have rigged up the control box and battery on my hip/belt swinging only the coil. Actually that multi frequency Excal is one hell of a field machine, I hunt in pinpoint which really goes deep. Most of my fields are not littered or loaded with iron to the point where I need my Deus exclusively. My backup is one of the real treasure hunters number one pick, I see it all the time along side of the CTX 3030. Thats the reason when you see those guys hit the salt water the Excal is in there hands.

Congrats on the old copper
Thanks Art

Sweet find Brad. That excel might get a few deep ones!!
Thanks Ken

Nice find! Congrats and HH
Thanks Dude

You detecting junky!
Can't help myself, I know you know, never know when that sweet sound of old silver will pop out of that ground!

Nice find. Almost looks like a William and Mary. My eyes must be playing tricks on me.
Thanks, put your glasses on?

Love those ole big coppers! Congrats!
Thanks

Thanks for all your comments
I will try and put up what it should look like and what is left on my toasted coin. Maybe then you guys might be able to see what I'm seeing. If you notice The neckline is smaller and pointed and her nose is much closer to the edge of coin (further right lower) the point of the cap can also be seen on my coin

164_VP6o_t.jpg 4254074 001o_t.jpg 20171119_1833021.jpg

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on what i think i see of the line of the bust to the neck -shape/size - i think you may be right about this being a Liberty Cap . I just now see the chin line too ! Good Find for sure !

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting Brad That is an Amazing find . Ill be posting my gold coin soon I just got to find it first,,, Keep up the great finds and posts!!!! Tommy

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you learned on a beep and dig machine,, you shouldn't have a problem with the Excalibur and some of it's distinctive tones.
Nice save Brad.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on what i think i see of the line of the bust to the neck -shape/size - i think you may be right about this being a Liberty Cap . I just now see the chin line too ! Good Find for sure !
Thank you, last year I found a toasted Liberty Capped Half Cent, this coin is my first Capped One Cent.

Thanks for posting Brad That is an Amazing find . Ill be posting my gold coin soon I just got to find it first,,, Keep up the great finds and posts!!!! Tommy
Thanks Tommy

Great find!
Thank you

When you learned on a beep and dig machine,, you shouldn't have a problem with the Excalibur and some of it's distinctive tones.
Nice save Brad.
I probably won't make it out today, thinking tomorrow, I'm going to rig the controls on suspenders. Yesterday the weight started hurting my shoulder and forearm. I'm spoiled by that Deus. Thank you brother.

Thanks.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Treb! That’s one I’m yet to find. Hope there’s some old silver out there in your near future

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Treb! That’s one I’m yet to find. Hope there’s some old silver out there in your near future
Thanks Abe, wish you had more time to hunt and could have joined us, maybe this spring? March April we all might get together again?

Congrats on the nice old copper.
Thanks TH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread