Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heys guys had a permission today at a 1903 home. I was buying some stuffed mirliton from a lady from the next town and through conversation I got permission to hunt. Well wasn’t what I imagined it had a small yard with shell road that covered a lot of the front yard and the backyard had huge dog mess and I mean huge. Ugggh So I went to the old faithful and hit my first trifecta!! Unbelievable!! A 1903 V-Nickel, 1919 Buffalo Nickel and a 1974 Jefferson Nickel not to mention all dated in good condition. The V came first, then the Buffalo, so I hard pressed to find that clad. :laughing. When I did, best clad feeling I ever had. I love this crazy hobby.
IMG_1703.JPG IMG_1712.JPG IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1708.JPG IMG_1710.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 13

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is " stuffed mirliton" some sort of drug?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well played sir.

I too have achieved this feat and let me be the first to welcome you to the club!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coin shooting, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot keep up with the lingo of you younguns

The lady grows them my wife stuffed them. My nephew caught the crabs and shrimp.

Crabmeat and Shrimp Stuffed Mirliton

Mirliton, which originated in Mexico, is known by many Americans as β€œchayote squash” or β€œvegetable pear” and by the French as β€œchristophene.” The vegetable was brought to Bayou Country by the Canary Islanders, called β€œLos IsleΓ±os,” who relocated to Louisiana when Spain took ownership of New Orleans from France. This South Louisiana delicacy is wonderful when stuffed with shrimp and crabmeat. IMG_1715.JPG

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've been on a great roll Truth, hope it continues through the rest of the tear. A huge congrats on the nickel trifecta. :occasion14:

Wishing you an yours a Happy Thanksgiving

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude. You have killed the old nickels this year. Excellent scores on the Nickel Trifecta. Love me some old poor man's "silver".:laughing9:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lady grows them my wife stuffed them. My nephew caught the crabs and shrimp.

Crabmeat and Shrimp Stuffed Mirliton

Mirliton, which originated in Mexico, is known by many Americans as β€œchayote squash” or β€œvegetable pear” and by the French as β€œchristophene.” The vegetable was brought to Bayou Country by the Canary Islanders, called β€œLos IsleΓ±os,” who relocated to Louisiana when Spain took ownership of New Orleans from France. This South Louisiana delicacy is wonderful when stuffed with shrimp and crabmeat. View attachment 1518838

Looks pretty darned tasty from here!:icon_thumright:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've stuffed a lot of things in my life but never a mirliton. Congrats on the 5 cent trifecta! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've been on a great roll Truth, hope it continues through the rest of the tear. A huge congrats on the nickel trifecta. :occasion14:

Wishing you an yours a Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Loco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions