The Other Side of the Story.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, as no doubt you have read, Mastereagle and I went out last night for a hunt on property owned by my brother. He purchased the following house and lot right behind his store in town. There is a rich history around this area and we were hopeful that this would not be another slow night. Here is where we hunted:

100_3414.JPG

To quote Mastereagle in the next part of the story:
How convenient, he makes me detect the little strip of grass betweent the street and sidewalk and then he heads straight for a tree on a place he arranged for us to hunt and finds an old coin.

Actually, what happened, is he was in such a hurry to detect that he starts right out by the street and then cries when I find a good coin. I started swinging and thinking I should cover some ground and see if anything jumps out at me since he keeps telling me his Explorer will be finding gold rings on peoples hands in China...so I decided not to let any grass grow on me searching. When I found the coin I did something that Mastereagle didn't do with his silver coins. I WAS CAREFUL WITH IT! That is why I was (as he put it) cradling it like a baby. As can be seen from the pictures, it has some honest wear, but nothing more. I could hardley get Mastereagle to quit dancing to all the funky music his Explorer was pumping out, long enough to take these picture of me. Let me attach some pictures of the moment I will not soon forget! I hope everyone gets to experience something like this in their detecting hunts. What a rush finding an 1890 Centavo M (The coin is a little wet in some pictures from the tears Mastereagle shed when he saw it).

100_3404.JPG

100_3413.JPG

100_3406.JPG

100_3408.JPG

100_3409.JPG

100_3411.JPG

100_3412.JPG

We both had a great hunt even though I only found 2 keeper coins and Mastereagle found 4 silver and 3 old wheats. Usually we don't find that many good coins in one place. I must say though, we worked darn hard in the heat until close to 11pm. We started hunting right after work too.

Just to set the record straight on a few things:

Mastereagle says: I dig a small hole and flip the plug over and there in the plug lays the holy grail of my quest!!! You guessed it I got my funny dime with the lady and the wings!!! 1945!!!!
What really happened was:I dug the hole for him after pinpointing it's exact location with my Whites. I tell him it's 2" deep right outside the hole we just dug. I start digging and he almost looses a hand when he says, "There it is" and grabs it.

Mastereagle says:the beast growls that same high pitch sweet tone we had heard
What really happened was: this 'big goose of a detector' honks like Pinocchio with a sinus infection. I am not kidding...people were sending their kids inside!

All in all, we had a terrific time and we learned more about our detectors. I do want to go on record saying I am slamming Mastereagle before he slams me, but I truly enjoy our little forays detecting. Thanks for the 57 Rosie bro....

Upvote 0

NC_Horn

Mar 17, 2005
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's Silver Eagle
Y'all both pen a great post - sounds like you have a great time when you get together to detect.

HH

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D ;D I'm still ROFLMAO after reading you guy's story. Great hunt and lots of luck in the future hunting together!! HH and keep us laffin'
PS: I fell sorry for anyone that thinks you are putting each others detectors down when its all done in fun. All most all of us that hunt with others that have a diffrent brand joke around about them. Keep up the good times.

Desertfox

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Centavo my man!!!!! That is a good find. LOL at pinpointing for the "Goose" detector :D I have had to do the same for my buddy so I know exactly what you are talking about. ;)

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Great Story!! Had me laughing all the way through ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to reading more posts from you guys.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D You two are something else! :D Love your posts! :D

Congrats on that awesome find!!!

Nana :)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
you guys are a hoot! It'll be fun to see you both in action in KS. Heaven help us...

Nifty, nifty finds! Keep on keepin' on - make sure you have plenty of water with you, you had to be nuts to be huntin' in this heat! geez..

HH
Nan

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Property owned by your brother....that is as good as your property...I think you can claim all the coins! ;D ;D :D

Glad you set the record straight. Always have to hear both sides of the story. ;) :D ; Sounds like a lot of fun. It's always exciting to find firsts or be with someone else who finds a first.

For the record...was Mastereagle using headphones? I was told by a kid that my detector(Minelab too) sounded like R2D2. ;D

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
LoL, you two sound like me and A.J. (Marine0311(something or other)) when I was living the relic hunting dream in NC. Him paying 500 bucks more than me with his Mr. Fancy pants noise making Minelab and me with my M6. Travis had the oldest model of the bunch and could find buttons like they were planted just for him. Gary is a fellow Whites user so we know he's good to go. Everyone was always warned before hunting with me, if you found something before me, I'd curse you like a Marine Drill Instructor. But it was always in fun, I couldnt have asked to hunt with a better bunch of guys.

BTW. If any of you have been watching the world news the last few days. That wonderfull city in Ohio that is underwater (Findlay) is my hometown and where im at now. I'm high and dry but cant say the same for the rest of the town.....HH.....Bill

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
halfdime said:
Almost sounds like sibling rivalry ;D
desertfox said:
:D ;D I'm still ROFLMAO after reading you guy's story. Great hunt and lots of luck in the future hunting together!! HH and keep us laffin'
PS: I fell sorry for anyone that thinks you are putting each others detectors down when its all done in fun. All most all of us that hunt with others that have a diffrent brand joke around about them. Keep up the good times.

Desertfox
Burdie said:
Thats what it is all about. Cool coin congrats. HH
Burdie
NC_Horn said:
Y'all both pen a great post - sounds like you have a great time when you get together to detect.

HH
CarolinaDigs said:
Great post ;D
halfdime,
It couldn't be like sibling rivalry, as my mother would have killed him at birth.

desertfox,
Yeah, we have quite a time together. As he learns his new Explorer...or as I think I will call it...The Confuser...there is bound to be more fireworks.

Burdie,
Thanks! I love this old worn coin. It beats my current 'old' coin by 8 years!

NC_Horn,
Thanks a lot. We put a lot into it, both on and off the forum. Stay tuned...

CarolinaDigs,
Thanks for reading. HH

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great job on the Centavo!

You guys make a great team! When you hunt with someone else, in the long run, you both find much more!

Congratulations!

Ridley

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
Property owned by your brother....that is as good as your property...I think you can claim all the coins! ;D ;D :D

Glad you set the record straight. Always have to hear both sides of the story. ;) :D ; Sounds like a lot of fun. It's always exciting to find firsts or be with someone else who finds a first.

For the record...was Mastereagle using headphones? I was told by a kid that my detector(Minelab too) sounded like R2D2. ;D
roswellborn said:
you guys are a hoot! It'll be fun to see you both in action in KS. Heaven help us...

Nifty, nifty finds! Keep on keepin' on - make sure you have plenty of water with you, you had to be nuts to be huntin' in this heat! geez..

HH
Nan
Nana40 said:
:D You two are something else! :D Love your posts! :D

Congrats on that awesome find!!!

Nana :)
zlathim said:
Great Story!! Had me laughing all the way through ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to reading more posts from you guys.
{Sentinel} said:
Nice Centavo my man!!!!! That is a good find. LOL at pinpointing for the "Goose" detector :D I have had to do the same for my buddy so I know exactly what you are talking about. ;)
Tin Nugget said:
Something tells me you two are going to have a great time on the Chisholm Trail Hunt. Great post!

HH
Stormtrooper154 said:
Sounds like good hunting buddies to me. WTG on the finds!
Mirage,
Yeah, I really like the fact that my brother owns the property. I think next time we will take a bulldozer with us. Yeah, the Minelab does sound like R2D2. A lot of time I think it kinda sounds like a SuperMario game too. Mastereagle was not wearing headphones. He needs to listen to my Whites so he knows where to go. ;)

Nan,
Yeah, when we come to Kansas, you should be advised to always wear you headphones and pretend to be listening to your detector when ME22 is talking. :-\

Nana40,
Thanks. I was truly wowwed by that coin. I have to wonder how it ended up in a small town 2" deep at a house in the front yard. Strange....you know, like ME22.

zlathim,
Yeah, we have a lot of fun. I think we kinda get that way because of the heat.

Sentinel,
Yeah, he is always asking me to pinpoint something, or help him find something because "I dig better than him". I don't know why he doesn't just call me "STUPID".

Tin Nugget,
Yeah, when I leave the Chisholm Trail Hunt, I want to be saying "Who would have thought that would have caused such a rucus?" LOL ;D

Stormtrooper154,
He's not Heavy...He's my brother. (OK...actually, he is very freakin heavy) :-\

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, I liked hearing how things went from your perspective.

Keep the hunts and the stories coming

JCH

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
WeaponsUSMC said:
LoL, you two sound like me and A.J. (Marine0311(something or other)) when I was living the relic hunting dream in NC. Him paying 500 bucks more than me with his Mr. Fancy pants noise making Minelab and me with my M6. Travis had the oldest model of the bunch and could find buttons like they were planted just for him. Gary is a fellow Whites user so we know he's good to go. Everyone was always warned before hunting with me, if you found something before me, I'd curse you like a Marine Drill Instructor. But it was always in fun, I couldn't have asked to hunt with a better bunch of guys.

BTW. If any of you have been watching the world news the last few days. That wonderfull city in Ohio that is underwater (Findlay) is my hometown and where I'm at now. I'm high and dry but cant say the same for the rest of the town.....HH.....Bill

LOL! Sounds like you and AJ had some great times. I have found that I, kinda like Travis, find a wide range of things. I find lots of zipper pulls, buttons, clad, etc.
I really like my Whites, it does lots of stuff well. I think some detectors might be better at specialized functions, but for running and gunning..give me my XLT. As far as Mastereagle goes, I try to make sure if he finds something better than me, that I punish him vehemently.

Stay dry! From the perspective of a metal detectorist....be sure and get out with you detector when the water recedes...bet you will find lots of stuff. ;)

Take care,
Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread