Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Kurios1
  • 2 Post By TheMilDetector
  • 1 Post By scruggs
  • 1 Post By Ogre1190

Thread: Desperation Setting In and Tonights Entre

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    5547 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Desperation Setting In and Tonight's Entre'

Howdy Folks. Snow flurries and 10 degree wind chill this morning means the ground could freeze up any day now. Being challenged by fellow Illini Treazure Hunter to get after it I did. Certainly not much but, I just ran down the street to my old abandoned school and did a quicky hunt until I could no longer feels my fingers. OUCH! I did score an "old" relic in the Montgomery Ward Hawthhorne Bicycle Head Badge. She's a mess but, good enough to ID. Must be as old as I am and that's a "keeper" by me. I got the clad dime on the surface under some leaves along with the School Works scissors which cleaned up nicely and cut like a dream.

A few brass fittings, can slaw, and heavy aluminum stranded crap wire were about all I could handle before my fingers began "burning" from near frost bite. I need to invest in some hand warmers and insulated gloves if I plan on this insane quest for a few more goodies until total freeze up. Thanks for stopping by. Time for some spicy red beans. YUM! Kurios1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M W Hawthhorne Head Badge 001.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	1524050Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M W Hawthhorne Head Badge 002.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	1524051

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mon...ss!61310!US!-1

Link above shows the exact Head Badge I believe but, no date.
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

us
    Can You Dig It?

Aug 2017
    Milwaukee WI
    - Harbor Freight Special - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer
    436 times
    Thats great badge to a great old bike.
    If there is one thing i love more than old cars its old bikes!
    Hopefully we can get one more hunt before its way too cold. It was bad today and i didnt even hunt!
    Stay warm!
    scruggs and Kurios1 like this.
    My METAL DETECTOR is actually a TIME MACHINE

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    5547 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMilDetector View Post
    Thats great badge to a great old bike.
    If there is one thing i love more than old cars its old bikes!
    Hopefully we can get one more hunt before its way too cold. It was bad today and i didnt even hunt!
    Stay warm!
    I didn't make it much longer than 30 minutes before my fingers were hurting. Am I nutz?!?
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

us
    Prospector

Jun 2008
    Northern Alabama
    Whites
    2547 times
    Hope you get a warm spell and a chance to get one more hunt in! Nice ole badge too!
    Kurios1 likes this.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    247 times
    Metal Detecting
    My fingers go first too, Kevin. Even double-gloved, my cutoff is a 35° real feel. I've had frostbite...n it AIN'T fun. 😞 Looks like the rest of Mendota will hafta wait until Spring, now. 😛

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app
    Kurios1 likes this.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links