Awesome surprise! Spanish silver, Trade axe, 18th Century militaria - lots of relics.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had an amazing year end surprise. Decided to try one of my fields where I have previously found some 65th Regiment buttons and relics. The ground was just good enough to dig without breaking the shovel but the machine was working like a charm, no false signals what so ever. Managed to find the tiniest relics at a considerable depth.
Found my second Spanish of the year 1 Real 1781. Not in a perfect shape but I actually prefer it this way. My first bent Real. Was curious about it as it seemed like someone scratched an X on it. Wondered at first if it was a counterfeit coin,but after arriving home confirmed it's a ''Real'' deal. :laughing7: Super happy with it, as this year I was dangerously low on Spanish silver.

20171210_144545[3677].jpg
DSC_0058.JPG DSC_0059.JPG

An other bonus were the pewter buttons. For some reason Deus just loved them in the frozen ground. Got a few 1785-1795 enlisted men pewters. British 65th Regiment of foot.

DSC_0067.JPG

Near lunch time decided to visit a spot I have found some Fur trade items. It's a good 30 min drive from the field but knowing I won't be able to visit it again this year decided to give it a try. Was happy to find my first Trade axe of the year and the biggest one so far.

DSC_0073.jpg DSC_0074.JPG

An other interesting find was an old religious medallion that I believe is Catholic.

DSC_0051.JPG DSC_0052.JPG

Than to an other field. Nothing exceptional but a bunch of very cool relics.

My smallest ever horse shoe. Probably used in the squirrel cavalry. :laughing7:
DSC_0055.JPG

And its bigger brother. Never seen this type of horse shoe before.
View attachment DSC_0056.jpg

A few cool relics.
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0053.JPG DSC_0075.JPG
DSC_0060.JPG DSC_0061.JPG

A nice little hunt! One more to go this season. I'll be making an other post in a few days.

Thanks for the comments !

Last edited:
Upvote 53

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!! The little horse shoe looks like it would be the right size for a miniature horse.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome variety of great treasures! Congratulations

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Bill. Can't wait to get my hands on your book. I think it's in the post office by now, will pick it up tomorrow. Looks amazing from what I have seen and heard.

Yes I can attest itโ€™s a awesome book packed
full of information and filled with great photos.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am with your research of sites and ability to hone in on the good stuff. Your hunts are top notch and I know just how much work it takes to get those results. I went thru a time when I literally would research 3-4 hours a night. I was staring at maps and doing overlays and looking fir spots that looked right for colonial settlements. I killed it that year and made a couple of lifetime finds. Finding these early cabin sites with no sign of settlement became my passion. Hoping next spring to buy a Deus and get back on that research. Incredibly ill have worked over 600 hours of overtime in 2017. It crushed my hopes of a good year of hunting. But I think I still remember how to do it lol. Keep up the great work and have a wonderful holiday season. 3 Rev buttons and a Spanish would be a BANNER hunt for me. Youโ€™ve set the bar so high for yourself that people come to expect it my man

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an amazing year end surprise. Decided to try one of my fields where I have previously found some 65th Regiment buttons and relics. The ground was just good enough to dig without breaking the shovel but the machine was working like a charm, no false signals what so ever. Managed to find the tiniest relics at a considerable depth.
Found my second Spanish of the year 1 Real 1781. Not in a perfect shape but I actually prefer it this way. My first bent Real. Was curious about it as it seemed like someone scratched an X on it. Wondered at first if it was a counterfeit coin,but after arriving home confirmed it's a ''Real'' deal. :laughing7: Super happy with it, as this year I was dangerously low on Spanish silver.

View attachment 1525059
View attachment 1525065 View attachment 1525066

An other bonus were the pewter buttons. For some reason Deus just loved them in the frozen ground. Got a few 1785-1795 enlisted men pewters. British 65th Regiment of foot.

View attachment 1525067

Near lunch time decided to visit a spot I have found some Fur trade items. It's a good 30 min drive from the field but knowing I won't be able to visit it again this year decided to give it a try. Was happy to find my first Trade axe of the year and the biggest one so far.

View attachment 1525070 View attachment 1525071

An other interesting find was an old religious medallion that I believe is Catholic.

View attachment 1525073 View attachment 1525074

Than to an other field. Nothing exceptional but a bunch of very cool relics.

My smallest ever horse shoe. Probably used in the squirrel cavalry. :laughing7:
View attachment 1525083

And its bigger brother. Never seen this type of horse shoe before.
View attachment 1525084

A few cool relics.
View attachment 1525087
View attachment 1525088 View attachment 1525089
View attachment 1525090 View attachment 1525094

A nice little hunt! One more to go this season. I'll be making an other post in a few days.

Thanks for the comments !

AHHHHHHHHHHH!
You Canadian & NE US Guys are Killing it, I'd move to step on Yous Guy's /Gals Toes but I despise the Cold but the "Old" would make up for it .

Very Nice finds & hard work paid off.
Davers

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent saves,, that hunt rocks.
Special congrats on the Silver and Pewter.

Thank you. Was waiting a good 6 months for my second Spanish of the year. Althoug I love early regiment buttons, I have to admit that Spanish and the Trade Axe made me equally happy. There's something about those old Trade axes..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread