Rev War #13 - Another off the 15 year want list!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think maybe I'll start doing my year end post early from now on because I just dug the 3rd item (of 3) on my approx. 15 year want list. My last post I found the Rev War button I've been waiting to find for so many years, and my first early military marked crossbelt plate, and today I dug the button I've wanted since a guest dug one on one of my sites in 2002! Sure not going to look like much to pretty much everyone on here, but what it is, is a button from the first local militia in my area that was raised to defend during the Rev War. So maybe not technically a Rev War button, but I don't care... it and my button find from last hunt was #1 & #2 on my button list! :headbang: There has been a few of these found, heck I've now witnessed a few, and there was only a 100 soldiers so every time I missed one I felt like my last chance may have passed me by, so it's a very good feeling to finally cross it off. And if all that isn't lucky, consider how it happened.... I walked down the field, got near the bottom, got a signal - dug the target, and it was the button! My first signal being back in the field. For everyone that thinks about finding a gold coin, well for me it was this button. Still can't believe the three things most on my brain for so many years I dug in back to back hunts. Looks like Ironhorse and I only have one left before freeze up, but you want to talk about it all being gravy now.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 26

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice...that last ditch site is becoming a mega site...should keep producing after the plotw too!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice group of keepers, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice...that last ditch site is becoming a mega site...should keep producing after the plotw too!

That makes 4 major finds for me from there... including the one from a few years back.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its always nice to find what you really want...Congratulations in finding your special button!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful relics..I'd pound that dirt to dust as long as the weather holds out...Congrats, love the old stuff...Ddf.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome save! I'm sure the feeling must be amazing finding something you wanted for so many years. I think the condition is irrelevant when it's a relic so important to you. Big congrats!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just blows my mind too..3 huge wants for you and out of 15 years it comes down to just 2 days..i tell you once you hang up the detector..go buy a lotto ticket cause you are on fire..

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You’re on such a hot streak that the air is warming and spring is on the way. What a wonderful way to end? the year, and it’s good to hear other hunters value things over gold coins. I have my bucket list in order of most wanted, and a gold coin only ranks #8. Actually “ANY Rev war button” ranks higher than that, and here you are at 13 FTY. So I end this reply green with envy. Lol

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the condition is irrelevant when it's a relic so important to you.

That's true because I'd rather this than many many others even if in perfect condition. That said, I wouldn't mind a better one but won't be holding my breath.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re on such a hot streak that the air is warming and spring is on the way. What a wonderful way to end? the year, and it’s good to hear other hunters value things over gold coins. I have my bucket list in order of most wanted, and a gold coin only ranks #8. Actually “ANY Rev war button” ranks higher than that, and here you are at 13 FTY. So I end this reply green with envy. Lol

A gold coin would be an awesome sight, a huge rush, and certainly a great find... but I think I'd get more out of the act of finding it than the satisfaction of owning it. Great bragging rights though!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
It's a winner in any condition!
Everyone searches for that magic place that holds all their treasures, I'm sure the field of dreams buttons will help you sleep better at night!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I'm glad you found your button, I get focused on a particular find I want to find and still have not seen it. Couple of them in fact. I hope one day to see them pop out of the ground for me. Keep digging and good luck to you.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool man. It’s a far cry from your long hunt for this find but I remember pulling that pine tree shilling and cob out of the dirt after hoping to find a tree coin just once in my life. Finding the thing you’re looking for is so damn hard to do but feels so amazing. I remember the first person I reached out to lol.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread