RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
48C4F5C0-F4DD-4FAC-AEDD-892D85EB20E7.jpeg
I finally found something worth posting. It’s a small ring marked sterling. I also found a couple of pennies 1964 and 1969. I want to thank everyone that encouraged me to keep digging!! I followed your advice and went door knocking. Fixing to get out and go check a playground. I hope the photo uploaded. Take care!!

Rudy

Upvote 46

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats rudy, its a beautiful ring !! Good luck at the park !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the really nice ring, it never gets old digging up keepers like this one.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Rudy on the silver ring. There are more out there. Sub 8-)

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats how its done! Awesome find. Congrats!
I need to find one like that for my wife Lol.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats RudyT. The more you swing the coil, the more you find. Location has more to do with the quality of finds. Glad to hear you've been doing some door knocking.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Rudy I would also suggest to learn your machine well if I dug every signal I would be in China . If you are in a permission yard or a park you don't want to dig every signal you would make too many plugs people might complain. I know this is how to learn your machine just a friendly piece of advice. I love this hobby and have found tons of great stuff keep it up my friend. Thanks for the post. Tommy

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find there! Really nice little ring...:icon_thumright:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capturing some real jewelry is a blast. You got a very pretty ring there Rudy. Congrats on the ring and permission. It only gets better the more experience you get out in the field.:headbang:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Rudy!!! I am still swinging for my first post worthy find, looking forward to seeing more from you...envy is a powerful motivator :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Rudy, that ring sure is purty :)

When I retired and returned to the hobby 3 years ago I had to drag my butt back, was too timid and lazy. Thanks to friends, I finally got into the dirt & water.

I found that documenting, keeping track of finds and locations encourages me to get out more. In addition, the finds add up too!

This year alone I've been out 56 times. Last year was 45 times, and the first year back it was only about 10 times. I can sit and view the database and get the fever!

Here's where I found the database:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/free-stuff/111112-treasure-hunting-database-i-created-free.html

I modified mine (not the database, just entry areas) to include the time expended on the hunt, and use the comments area to list the really good finds, and gram weights of precious metals jewelry. Just simple stuff delights me, I can just look at the database and get the fever to add to it. And the database keeps tally on the dollar amounts found.

I know just doing that data entry inspires me, and it may encourage you as well. If you can't download the database file from the link above, just PM me & I'll send you a blank copy. You will need a database program in your software. If you don't have one, they're readily available for free on-line somewhere.

Stay safe, be aware of your surroundings, and keep the faith.

Last edited:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s how the addiction starts.
Congrats

OP
OP
R

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great responses!! Everyone take care.

Rudy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread