New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an invite to hunt with some fellow Tnetters from Smokeythecat through triplenickel on a Union camp not far from Gettysburg. I don't want to reveal too much about the site out of respect to Smokythecat. Cold day, frozen ground, spoiled hunter (me) Not long into it I get a machine gun sound of silver targets, 25 minutes later after going through six giant chunks of frozen ground I have seven silver dimes in my pouch. Shortly after that I got a perfect 87 four ways and I expected a bullet. Out pops an Eagle Breastplate. I basically found 90 % of my good find during the first hour of our hunt. Thank you Smokythecat for your generous hospitality (pizza too!) and thanks also to the rest of the guys that were there today hunting with us. Any of you guys feel free to post what you found today also. Thanks Steve for including me. I hope to have you all down my way to hunt some of my sites too!
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad
Resized_20171216_190947.jpg Resized_20171216_191709.jpg

I found 7 silvers, one Merc got away in the car trying to make a run for it, I'll try again tomorrow, I heard it fall just didn't see where she bounced, lol (your right WIF, they are always trying to get lost)

Resized_20171216_191025.jpg

20171216_1928091.jpg Resized_20171216_190740.jpg Resized_20171216_190828.jpg Resized_20171216_185628.jpg [/ATTACH] Resized_20171216_190918.jpg Resized_20171216_192730.jpg Resized_20171216_191025.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_20171216_185540.jpg
    Resized_20171216_185540.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 62

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell you what, come up next week after Christmas. I can take off any day you want then.....

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Well worth digging in the cold.
When I'm at my sites at home and the ground is that froze I usually turn and head for the woods sites or head home. I'm a fair weather fisherman/detectorist/deer hunter, I'll wait for nicer weather. Smokeythe cat and those guys are hard core hunters hunting like that. The way I look at it is that stuff has been sitting in the dirt for a few hundred years or so, a few more days won't hurt them that much. I knew I was headed for tough digging but I'm not stupid enough to pass up an opportunity to hunt a great site for a day like that one. I was blessed with that opportunity and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I love that breastplate! Never dug one myself but I did see one dug once. I want one so bad. Congrats! :occasion14:
Thanks buddy, it is one cool looking Eagle

That is awesome! Congrats Brad!
Thanks Doc

Tell you what, come up next week after Christmas. I can take off any day you want then.....
Sounds like a good plan, might still be warm out from this next heat wave that is coming?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats guys! I’d give my left coil nut for a hunt like that.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a great hunt!!! One day my ship will come in, until then I will continue to live vicariously through everyone else's finds!!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww man I wish I could have been there! Wait a minute, . . I was there! I didn't get to see the breastplate as I was ensconced in silver coins. I came out with my best silver day of the year; four barbers and two mercs, five minie balls and several other items and frozen dirt chunks that still hold surprise finds lol. It was some hard core hunting/ digging but well worth it. I may need to add a rock hammer to my arsenal of tools it was really handy. I think we all walked away from some good signals that were too frozen in. I did at least but they will most likely be there for me or the next hunter. Thanks so much Smokey. The pizza was a lifesaver too. I owe you big time!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Brad! You did great. Too bad I left right before the pizza got there LOL. Had a great time with everyone.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just brought the mud clods in the house....will get to it. BTW if anyone is interested, this farm was where Darryl and I found the two caches earlier this year. We were unable to find another one, although we are pretty certain the plow got the third one and scattered it in the one field. I like the one guy's brass trigger, probably to a pocket pistol. Wish I had a pic of it so it could be identified.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treblehunter always amazing posts I appreciate you always sharing your amazing finds.. Happy Holiday to you my friend!!!!!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful breastplate and silvers!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds! Congrats to you all!
Thanks

Congrats guys! I’d give my left coil nut for a hunt like that.
Hit me up if you can ever get out this way, I'm hunting till next April, last couple winters have been diggable right on through. Thanks

Wow what a great hunt!!! One day my ship will come in, until then I will continue to live vicariously through everyone else's finds!!
Thank you

Aww man I wish I could have been there! Wait a minute, . . I was there! I didn't get to see the breastplate as I was ensconced in silver coins. I came out with my best silver day of the year; four barbers and two mercs, five minie balls and several other items and frozen dirt chunks that still hold surprise finds lol. It was some hard core hunting/ digging but well worth it. I may need to add a rock hammer to my arsenal of tools it was really handy. I think we all walked away from some good signals that were too frozen in. I did at least but they will most likely be there for me or the next hunter. Thanks so much Smokey. The pizza was a lifesaver too. I owe you big time!
Thanks Tom

great find :icon_thumright:
Thank you

Amazing finds! Congrats!
Thanks

Congrats on some great Civil War relics.
Thank you

Congrats Brad! You did great. Too bad I left right before the pizza got there LOL. Had a great time with everyone.

Thanks, The pizza was yummy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread