My new finds on video

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had fun. :icon_thumleft: I see you might be feeling the need for a good pin pointer. They are not a necessity, I hunted the 1st 6 months without one, but won't go without one any more. They really speed up target retrieval which in turn allows you to dig more finds on every adventure.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing! :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had fun. :icon_thumleft: I see you might be feeling the need for a good pin pointer. They are not a necessity, I hunted the 1st 6 months without one, but won't go without one any more. They really speed up target retrieval which in turn allows you to dig more finds on every adventure.
Sorry, have to totally disagree. What speeds up target recovery, is getting it in the first grab. This can only come from not using a pinpointer. I never get on my knee's & only get annoyed when it takes me more than 30 seconds to grab the tiny piece of lead I'm chasing. I also never pass my hand over the coil, as I have rings on both hands.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, have to totally disagree. What speeds up target recovery, is getting it in the first grab. This can only come from not using a pinpointer. I never get on my knee's & only get annoyed when it takes me more than 30 seconds to grab the tiny piece of lead I'm chasing. I also never pass my hand over the coil, as I have rings on both hands.

Every pair of pants I own have no knees, it's a little rest period for me, no hurry. Didn't own a pinpointer ever then bought one 10yrs ago, haven't looked back since.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every pair of pants I own have no knees, it's a little rest period for me, no hurry. Didn't own a pinpointer ever then bought one 10yrs ago, haven't looked back since.
As you know 95% of the time I'm on ploughed land.
I'll explain a little more about how to get the recovery time down;
As you learn what you detector is saying, your know the rough size of the object & how deep it is. This means you can learn to only dig out the optimum amount of soil. ie. as little as possible. Then you spread this with the foot & do a quick pass over. With practice this will tell you where it is in the flat pile, ie. top or bottom. This influences the grab that you hope to get first time.

However, the rest angle you mention is not needed in my world as I'm hyper...lol

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that we have side tracked enough.

Can 'Veteran D' post pictures on the site? (You will get more comments)

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hunted for the first 20yrs I think without one, I won't hunt without one now, LOVE those things. Should get a tattoo of one. OK, perhaps not, but you get my point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread