Sat Morning Beach hunt.

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I count myself as lucky living not 5 minutes away from Australia's pristine tourist beaches known as the Gold Coast. Awoke at 230am on last Sat morn and spent 2.5 hours detecting Burleigh Heads beach , for my trouble i scored $11 spendables and nice Sterling Silver necklace charm in the shape of a turtle , not sure if the blue stones are Sapphires though , not enough found to retire yet but fun all the same , hopefully be doing the same early start on some more local beaches over the 4 day Christmas break , hoping all members have a safe and joyous Christams with friends and family , happy hunting.

25354116_10154964807782097_6343848175673629841_n.jpg

25507887_10154964807817097_342860380511115275_n.jpg

Upvote 15

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to get back to the beaches. They miss me.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt and very cool charm, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
W

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be spending as much time as i can spare over the next 3 months practicing my technique and learning my machine. Start of April 2018 we are hosting the Commonwealth games , i have put in to have a whole month off work so i can night detect the beaches over the duration of the games , they are estimating in excess of 600000 visitors will be visiting over the two week period , many will visit the beaches to swim and lay on the sand , that equates to a massive amount of lost jewelry and money and i intend on working it like a job. Im also hoping to have a second detector by then that being the Minelab Equinox 800 so i can do some water hunting during the days.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be spending as much time as i can spare over the next 3 months practicing my technique and learning my machine. Start of April 2018 we are hosting the Commonwealth games , i have put in to have a whole month off work so i can night detect the beaches over the duration of the games , they are estimating in excess of 600000 visitors will be visiting over the two week period , many will visit the beaches to swim and lay on the sand , that equates to a massive amount of lost jewelry and money and i intend on working it like a job. Im also hoping to have a second detector by then that being the Minelab Equinox 800 so i can do some water hunting during the days.

ooohhh how I wish I was retired!! I could stay with you. You could detect and I could just make a fortune applying sunscreen to the ladies!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cowabunga Dude! Sounds like you have a plan. Keep us posted as one can only imagine what will be getting lost in the sand with all those aliens crashing the beaches. WOO HOO! New detector here I come!:headbang:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt! Looks like the beach is out for me for the next 3 or 4 months but I wish you good luck. I hope those 600,000 visitors drop a lot of valuables for you to find.
HH
dts

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
ooohhh how I wish I was retired!! I could stay with you. You could detect and I could just make a fortune applying sunscreen to the ladies!!

jeff-gordon - you do know that the ladies won't need sunscreen at night while Wrecka is detecting, right? LOL. Maybe they'll need sunburn lotion.
dts

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff-gordon - you do know that the ladies won't need sunscreen at night while Wrecka is detecting, right? LOL. Maybe they'll need sunburn lotion.
dts

I realize it's very difficult to believe, but I DO know when one needs sunscreen
When he's detecting I will sleep ( I only work in daylight)

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Heading your way in March for a nice vacation with the better half.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful "Honu" pendant, Wrecka! Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions