Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I got up early today and wanted to get some swinging in before work. Well I get there and realize I left my Lesche shovel at home. I was not a happy camper, we have clay about 4” down and it’s wet, so it comes out in thick clumps so my sides are killing me from hand digging. So I broke out hand tool and it was rough. My third dig, first 5 mins being there, I get a 1908 V-nickel I think this is going to be a selective day, well it takes a nose dive which turned into a 4 hour hunt. Needless to say I got some bullets and clad, but nothing else. Hard leaving without finding one more old coin. Believe it or not that happens to me often that I find a good coin very fast and then it’s trash for the rest of the hunt. Better than nothing it’s just weird. thanks for looking.

I know the bullets aren’t the CW ones I love to find but are any of these worth talking about? IMG_2096.JPG IMG_2095.JPG IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2092.JPG IMG_2093.JPG IMG_2094.JPG

Upvote 19
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the finds.
I wonder that myself, the keeper comes in first few minutes or the last few minutes of the hunt ad one is leaving.:icon_scratch:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice V-nick, Truth! I don't know how many times I've stumbled across a silver or another keeper 5 minutes into a hunt, and then got skunked out. Take'em when ya get'em! Ddf

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice V-nick, Truth! I don't know how many times I've stumbled across a silver or another keeper 5 minutes into a hunt, and then got skunked out. Take'em when ya get'em! Ddf

Hey ddf and I always think, “Man I could have got out my truck found this in 5 mins and could have just left.” But nooooooo

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Thats a nice old V Nickel. Sorry, cant help on the bullets.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Truth. Way to overcome obstacles and score the goodies!

Good luck brother!

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the V Nickel and the other finds :occasion14:

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go about 50-100 yards from where you found the bullets (it'll be hard to tell direction of where they came from), that's where you are going to find more coins and buttons and the like. You can use a stake and some string to make a radius, it might help find some other goodies.

You might have already tried that, but hey it might help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go about 50-100 yards from where you found the bullets (it'll be hard to tell direction of where they came from), that's where you are going to find more coins and buttons and the like. You can use a stake and some string to make a radius, it might help find some other goodies.

You might have already tried that, but hey it might help.

Thank you for the advice P.ALLEN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread