First Big Silver Since August!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Well folks,

Good news. I've already equaled my big silver haul from last year...1!

I talked to some neighbors and hit their sidewalk strips. First find was part of an old cap gun so I was excited. Turns out it was a bust...mostly. I hunted and found a 59 penny, several early 60s pennies, but couldn't even find a wheat. After covering 98% of the ground I got an 82-83 at 3 inches. Not earth shattering but worth investigating. Boy was I surprised to see that 1954 silver quarter! Of my 24 silver coins last year only one was a quarter. That's got to be a good omen that my first silver coin of the year is a big one, right?

After finishing those strips I hit a strip in front of an apartment complex for a while where I found more clad and the silver cat ring!

All in all, a great way to start my birthday weekend. I've got two early 20th century permissions lined up for tomorrow morning and an old site I'm going to hit with my brother on Sunday. I'm excited to see what else the weekend holds!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515795129.258740.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515795138.570344.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515795146.621764.jpg

Good luck and happy hunting!
-Washingtonian

Upvote 24

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the silver, and the kitty-cat ring.

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to your state this summer, sounds like a good state to detect, going to ocean coastline up from Oregon. Hoping your weather is good for detecting. Nice finds.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I am going to your state this summer, sounds like a good state to detect, going to ocean coastline up from Oregon. Hoping your weather is good for detecting. Nice finds.

Good luck! It's hard because the area hasn't been settled as long but there are still goods to be found if you're persistent!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to see you got some great finds that ring is nice be lucky you don't have two teen Daughters not to mention the Ball and chain those rings seem to disappear lol glad you got out were still snowed in. Thanks for sharing......

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I'm glad to see you got some great finds that ring is nice be lucky you don't have two teen Daughters not to mention the Ball and chain those rings seem to disappear lol glad you got out were still snowed in. Thanks for sharing......

Thanks A2, you are probably right about that stuff disappearing soon. I'm getting married later this year, wouldn't be surprised if she starts taking an extra interest in the hobby when she spies some jewelry she likes! [emoji41]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread