AT pro, AT max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FC0B487F-8D6B-4680-AABF-9CD774220B5F.jpeg

Upvote 61

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Well, yes it matters. Is that seemingly arbitrary ? Sure. Is it the O.P.'s fault he only just now got his first computer and found T'net ? No. But if persons don't contribute regularly (to chime in and "atteboy" other people's finds, etc...) and are a first time poster, and/or end up never chiming in again, then you can see that it's a factor of "family" status as well.

Yes I know that bites for someone who, possibly, simply didn't know of this forum beforehand. And has every intention of NOT being a "one-time-drive-by poster". But in order for the banner to keep its allure, there's HAS to be super finicky prestige to it. Lest there be "banner inflation".

Uh, I was referencing the Tnet banner rules which aren't arbitrary ...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Uh, I was referencing the Tnet banner rules which aren't arbitrary ...

Yes: There are various minimum requirements to the banner rules. But the key word is "minimum". From then on out, it's like a miss america beauty pageant. 50 beautiful gals parade around in various dress, blah blah. And all 50 of them met minimum requirements to be there. But someone (or set of) judges, behind the curtain, pick only 1 of the 50. Absolutely no scientific formula can make the final decision. It's just up to vote of the judges, which ... yes ... can .... like a beauty pageant, be seemingly whimsical opinion.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Yes: There are various minimum requirements to the banner rules. But the key word is "minimum". From then on out, it's like a miss america beauty pageant. 50 beautiful gals parade around in various dress, blah blah. And all 50 of them met minimum requirements to be there. But someone (or set of) judges, behind the curtain, pick only 1 of the 50. Absolutely no scientific formula can make the final decision. It's just up to vote of the judges, which ... yes ... can .... like a beauty pageant, be seemingly whimsical opinion.

And once the choice is made, the host may announce and crown the wrong contestant......lmao Steve Harvey!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your gold coin find, a top notch find for anyone.:hello2:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let everyone know he's only 14yo. My son diggerkid2003 and him are school friends and he talked him into signing up on treasurenet to post his find. I don't know if age matters for making banner but instead of him being like most kids playing on phones,computers or video games he was out in the woods.
Well if he is 14 & already got a Gold Coin, that would beat me by several years to my first one.

CONGRATS

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Tom, all good reasons to not post (with any expectations).
Bill

Not sure what you mean by that. But if "by expectations" that your find (or the object you voted for) SHOULD get banner, or you'll throw a hissy fit, then I agree. Otherwise, the moderators would be drawn hither and yonder, pulled constantly around, by people splitting hairs and griping about what should be there.

At a certain point, sure: There should be no "expectations" on the voters ends, and the finders ends. As much as we'd all like there to be a certain "formula" (by which we can base our "expectations"), is the minute it ceases to be a beauty pageant.

Because otherwise: Any find can be "groomed" and staged to A) receive the "right # of votes" , B) the "right composition" (gold ) C) the "right age (must be older than xx years), D) the right mintage rarity (can not exceed XX #'s minted), E) the right length of story attached (xx words, xx # of minutes video, xx # of persons saying "dude" in the video, etc..). Etc... If there were ever a flow chart of logic, is the minute it would all become "staged", taking the human element out of it.

Is that sometimes unfair or arbitrary ? Yes. But that's just the way it is.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Excellent find young man! If I found a gold coin, I could care less if it made a special notation on some online forum...YOU FOUND A GOLD COIN! SWEET!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, awesome find!! :occasion14:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to let everyone know he's only 14yo. My son diggerkid2003 and him are school friends and he talked him into signing up on treasurenet to post his find. I don't know if age matters for making banner but instead of him being like most kids playing on phones,computers or video games he was out in the woods.

congrats Civil war digger 1862, on the nice gold coin find @ 14yr old
im a little jealous, NOT, uh maybe just a little LOL
ive been Mding since the 70s,no gold coins, plenty of silver back in the day
congrats again,welcome to Tnet, now go find some cool CW relics

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking for one of those!! Congrats on yours!!!

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats a gold coin still on my hit list

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find! It would look even sweeter surrounded by the three ringers you found with it.
Congratulations on a lifetime find.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now you are hooked!
COINgrats on the gold... Yet to find one as have many on this site.
Keep posting finds even if it isn't gold, silver, bronze or even something of value.

Just enjoy your hobby and have a passion for it.
Thats the real "gold" in life..

achetadomestica

Feb 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I vote banner I need to know what you ate for breakfast

Give me a break

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread