WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I THINK I GOT IT

pj4566

Jul 2, 2007
monarch pass drive, colorado springs, colorado
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & whites bullseye2 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks to all the great advice and a new ground balance switch I'm finally on the detecting trail. Got my machine back from Bounty Hunter after they replaced the ground balance switch and tested everything. Went out this weekend with a new MD friend from Colo Spgs and tried some old home sites but I never found anything but trash, he found a Merc. today I went to a park and found "coins!!!!!!!!!" , three quarters and one dime all clad but boy did it ever make me feel good. Ain't no stoppin me now lol. ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
By Jove! I think he got it!

Looking forward to those future finds!

Ridley

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
PJ, glad to hear BH fixed the old machine and your back out in the field with us old coots again. Better and bigger finds are on the way my friend just keep that coil to the ground, well close to the ground anyway! HH and welcome back

Desertfox

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
properly working the BH can find lots of stuff for you -- as always research is the key to bigger better finds on a steady basis -- Ivan

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
glad you got it going ! and that landstar is a good detector you should do really well with it goodluck ;) cause your hooked now ;D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome fro the UK.

Keep digging :)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Ground balance is important, now there is no stopping you.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't realize that there were so many people from the Springs in this forum.

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
PJ,
Now you KNOW your detector will find the coins. It should get a bit easier for you from here on out. There's good days and there's bad days as far as finding things go but you have the working equipment now. Good luck on your future hunts!

JRich

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
pj4566 said:
Well thanks to all the great advice and a new ground balance switch I'm finally on the detecting trail. Got my machine back from Bounty Hunter after they replaced the ground balance switch and tested everything. Went out this weekend with a new MD friend from Colo Spgs and tried some old home sites but I never found anything but trash, he found a Merc. today I went to a park and found "coins!!!!!!!!!" , three quarters and one dime all clad but boy did it ever make me feel good. Ain't no stoppin me now lol. ;D ;D ;D

Congrats on your finds

I'm also using a bounty hunter(pioneer 202) model,it's about a $200 dollar machine....I have had some pretty decent luck with it so far and my best finds were 2 silver rings(no marks),.925 sterling necklace,a gold sac. dollar, a good amount of clad coins,and a pristine 1943 steel war penny...

But..lately it has been finding mostly junk...O.K. alot of junk,and as for finding silver coinage it just dont wanna seem to sniff them out..It loves pennies from the 70's to present day though(fun to find but those pennies are getting old quick).Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining because any detector is better than none at all,I'm saving up for and upgrade and putting all my clad towards it as well...So basically I believe for 200 dollars bounty hunter could of made a better detector for the money IMO.

Not sure how much your model cost but I hope it continues to work well and produces well for you stay safe and HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, & Welcome to the forum...
Congrats on getting that machine fixed...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

mmiller

May 21, 2006
COLORADO SPRINGS
Detector(s) used
DFX & XLT & Judge II Auto
glad to hear you had more luck at the park ;D sorry I had to cut out early. now that you know your machine can find coins you will have a lot more confidence looking, just wait till you find your first silver coin and then you will be really hooked :D give me a call any time you want to go back out and or any body else in the springs I'm always up to do some dirt fishing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions