Where there's wheat..

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Day 3 at the old ball field. Finds are getting fewer but taking those slower strides and swings with the Etrac...she keeps producing! 1940 and 1945 wheats, 1951 Washington quarter and a pretty beat up button with "extra fine quality grade" on the reverse. One thing I have noticed especially with the now 3 silver washingtons that have come out of here is trash next to a good target. That iffy iron signal masking the good target closeby. They all have come out with trash. George was slummin' it apparently.

I think there's more...will have to hit it again sometime.

Happy hunting.

IMG_0024.JPG

Upvote 15

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is those "iffy" signals that wears you out after a while......but still.........you just never know.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds. I dig iffy signals, bad signals, and iron signals. Come to think of it, I dig everything ! You wont have to worry whats down there if you dig it all.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver, I am struggling with "iffy" signals, there is so much trash in the ground and our soil is so mineralized it seems I can' get more than a foot or so without something beeping and squeaking! To dig or not to dig...that is the question.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A lot of folks say you can dig a place out. I agree you can get most of the shallow stuff. But after a good rain the field comes back to life. Plus maybe a larger coil always helps. HH.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Etrac will scream when it finds Silver. Pay attention to the one way Chirps and a reading of 12-45.
I dug out quite a few silver dimes that were sitting next to an iron object like a nail.
Congrats on the Silver Washington.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread