Welcome To My Nightmare...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That recurring bad dream (reality) wherein I dig lots of pretty, shiny pieces of jewelry and NONE OF THEM ARE PRECIOUS METAL! I so had my hopes up regarding the big gold colored ring with stones, and then really got excited about the large, heavy gold colored chain found in the soccer field goal box area. But alas, upon inspection, they are both plated. Then there was a glimmer of home when Julio found the tiny golden arrow charm in the tot lot...but it too, was unmarked. What is a guy to do? Just go back out there and try to beat the odds, I guess. AT LEAST, the sun was out, the ground was thawed, and I was digging, yay! Happy Hunting to all, thanks for checking in with old Sub! 8-)

nightmare1.jpg nightmare2.jpg

Upvote 17

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has to get your heart pumping!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Although not solid gold, they still are some nice finds! :occasion14:

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the reward is the feeling you get when you first get a glimpse of it in the hole.
Nice

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey sub they still look pretty. Let's hope you pull the real stuff on your next outing.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There's real gold in them there hills somewhere. Just keep on beeping.great finds anyway.:occasion14:

just.neil

Dec 26, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least you are finding. Keep it up

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a ring at a school playground one day and I was so giddy and excited I stuffed it in my pocket as fast as I could not wanting anyone to see what I found. I was so excited I headed home with in a few minutes. Once in the privacy of my home I couldn't wait to get it out of my pocket. My 1st glance told me wow 6 nice size diamonds and at least a 14k band. I mean that thing rang up high so it had to be good. I studied it and checked the gold when I noticed it was plated when I scratched then my heart sank and the diamonds were of course fake. I found it online with a retail value of $14.99..

Every time I dig a ring I still get the same euphoria.. Haven't found any this year but no matter whether fake or real I still get excited.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread