FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there, I got out early yesterday so I could devote a full day to detecting. The weather was pretty good for the most part except for a few small showers and a little wind. Since my car is broke down, I have to walk to all my sites, which I dont mind because it is good exercise. ;) Anyways, I detected at 3 of my favorite sites in the woods and pulled this stuff out. The first thing I found was the lantern piece, and then the harmonica reed, spoon handle, pocket watch face, pocket watch back, and the the large piece of silver metal. After about an hour, I was heading to another site. I got a really good solid signal, and was surprised to dig the silver button! That is my 4th one from that site. The lead bar, shotgun casings, the small cartridge, and the other pieces of lead soon followed. All in all, I walked about 5 1/2 miles and detected for over 6 hours. The Lantern piece has the date 1877 stamped into the knob. Let me know what y'all think. HH!

Fox

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 343
  • finds2.jpg
    finds2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
M

minelabex1000

Really nice finds. I especially like that watch face.

R

rvbvetter

Neat finds! Definitly old , old. Those darn reeds are every where. I find them all over. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Watch Face Definately Looks Old.
Nice Finds, Congrats

Jeff

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks rasrandy! I was pretty surprised to dig it as well. I almost have enough to put together a full pocket watch now ;) HH!

Fox

J

jelinidas

Nice!

I figure if you can walk to all this it is what I would call a gold mine!
Go git it!

Jeff at Jelinidas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread