The key to relic hunting

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
In order to cover up the fact that I found eight cents and no silver at the silver farm this morning, I will provide a picture of what I did find; this brass skeleton key very close to the 1860's farmhouse. I knew going in that a dollar was unlikely, though silver was possible; I did find a 20 wheat, but nothing else of interest. I also found an earring that appeared to be gold, but if it is it's only plated. Meager finds, but not a bad morning; 2.5 hours without breaking up any fights ;). The Q-Tip is for size comparison only.

Attachments

• key (2).jpg
    key (2).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Sweet old key, sure beats my old pepsi bottles and assorted construction trash.
Heck, the q-tip beats my finds lately.. >:(

BTW Nice diversionary tactic.. ;D

HH!

DD

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Henry,

Glad to see your still at the "FARM"...

The key is very nice - way cool and a fantastic example of "history"...she seems like she is in good shape too...

Congratulations on an outstanding find...

Nick
Hey Nick, glad to see you back! It's not likely, but I'd love to find out that the key fits a lock inside.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go on that old key. I like finding them, especially the large ones.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I'll trade you one of my silver rosie's for the key. ;) ;D That's a nice find. I haven't found one that big that wasn't steel and rusted out.

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking the kids were the key to your run of silver finds while relic hunting and you have sent them away to school! :-X :D ;D

That's a great key! Good luck on your return! ;)

Nana :)

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mirage said:
I'll trade you one of my silver rosie's for the key. ;) ;D That's a nice find. I haven't found one that big that wasn't steel and rusted out.

Bob
That's a real generous offer! Throw in the map to the Iceberg and we'll call it a deal ;D. Actually, I'll offer it to my hosts at the silver farm; I'm wondering if it will fit the old front door to the farmhouse.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nana40 said:
I'm thinking the kids were the key to your run of silver finds while relic hunting and you have sent them away to school! :-X :D ;D

That's a great key! Good luck on your return! ;)

Nana :)
I've got plenty of ground left to cover; I let you know if your theory holds up! I'll admit that I hadn't considered them good luck for silver! ;D

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
"What ever you do.....Do not, enter this door........"

Coooool key!!!
Rd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread