watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 years ago, I was detecting a permission property where a turn-of-the-century home once stood. I had researched this home’s exact footprint location on the property so I had a good idea where the lawn areas were back in the day. I had detected this property a half-dozen times before but, I guess no place is ever hunted out.

Even though the yard areas were heavily trashed, I decided to dig more of the “iffy” targets. The highlight of this hunt was a 14K wedding band that was inscribed on the inside. . . “Alice to Eldrich July 7, 1937”. When I read the inscription on the inside of this ring, I immediately knew what my mission was. A year or two later I met an elderly lady that lived in the same neighborhood that was “in the know” of who had lived in the neighborhood during that era. I told her about the ring I found and as I read the inscription on the inside of the ring to her, she knew immediately who it belonged to. She told me that Alice & Eldrich had passed away a number of years ago but their daughter was still alive and she would be delighted to put me in contact with her. When I called her and told her about the ring I had found, she was in disbelief, she remembered her father losing it while gardening in the back yard when she was a kid. It wasn’t until this summer I was finally able to meet her in person and return her father’s ring. My mission was complete.

Thanks for looking & happy hunting!

Eldrich 1937.jpg

Eldrich's daughter & ring.jpg

Upvote 76

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOVE stories like this! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions