Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody,

I have been trying to get better at metal detecting, and all the folks here on treasure net have helped me a lot. It took me a long time to find my first silver coin, over a year. And now it seems I can find one or two every week.

I live near the Canadian border in Washington state, and find a lot of Canadian coins. I even had a silver rimes dime in my pouch this week that I thought was silver all day, only to clean it up and see the date 1971 and Queen Elizabeth. Also Canadian copper small cents sure do sound like a silver dime when they’re in the dirt.

This hunt was at a old general store and fueling station in the countryside. It has been in operation for over 100 years and I know the family who owns and operates it so they are happy to let me metal detect it. This is the second time I have metal detect it and I found a few wheat pennies the first time I was there but got discouraged imagining that other detectorists had scoured it thoroughly.

There are a few acres here including a small orchard, hillside, little cabins for anglers to stay at, so I wanted to search all the different areas. One area near the large poplar trees is where I kept getting my best coins. I handful of wheats, early dates too! This drew me to an old clothesline. I grided that thing, And after a couple hours at the site my first silver from there!

The 1947 Canadian coinage is interesting. It has a privy Mark! This had something to do with India becoming independent, and they need to keep coinage separate, or something like that.

The large sent is my first queen Victoria coin. I found that in a sidewalk strip that apparently other detectorists had forgotten about.

I just wanted to share my finds from living in a Bordertown. Thanks everyone!

54499994-BD69-4C4B-B250-9682E6F5809F.jpeg
21667914-9FB2-4568-A4DC-89F54E478A2F.jpeg

Upvote 21

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Nice finds coinfetcher !! I have always wanted to dig more Canadian coins - found 3 or 4 here in Santa fe .

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go! Congrats! :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silver and the LC, what yr is the Vickie?

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent saves!!:icon_thumright:

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice job CF! I love finding old Canadian coins. I'm hoping to find a King George V silver this year. Might be taking a trip up to BC to do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread