Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I went back to the small area of the park that unbelievable to me started producing drop 3 rings 31 total, 4 .69cal and the rest .58. Well I beat it to death and came to the obvious fact that I got them all. **( of course I had to get them one at a time never 2 or 3 in one hunt). But today I said just to be 100% sure in was going to go over the area with my 5โ€ coil on the F75. I was losing faith after a hour or two because I knew IF there was one it was deep and the 5โ€ might not have the depth..WELL I WAS WRONG. It hit 55-58 at 8โ€ and yep there was ONE MORE! IMG_2312.JPG IMG_2313.JPG IMG_2314.JPG

Upvote 25

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Have you tried the area around your park? Not sure of the lay out but you might be on a camp site.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If at first you don't succeed....Congrats!:thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Were all the bullets 5 spoke MPT's like the one in the pic?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's to you Truth on your persistence. It paid off. Was that a star base?

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do some research and see if there are any mention of camps or activity in the area from 1863 until wars end. it might lead to more finds to be made.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it! Way to go Truth! Quick question though did you leave at least one for the rest of us to find???:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would do some research and see if there are any mention of camps or activity in the area from 1863 until wars end. it might lead to more finds to be made.

The only thing I can find anywhere Dharmacy is a Confederate retirement home for soldiers about 150 yards away across Bayou St John where these where found. I do know they have also brought soil in from other parts of the park to another. If that was a camp site I think I would have found more relics or buttons or something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread