Identification on porcelain doll plus other artifacts

KentuckyIron998

Nov 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to a hilltop that was recently bulldozed there is lots of broken glass pottery large foundation stones and brick there I am very certain this site was a warehouse to one of the many Kentucky bourbon distilleries that were around during the mid 1800s to the early 1900s so enjoy the artifacts and any help identifying any of them would be greatly appreciated
image.jpg image.jpg
This small figurine seems to be made of porcelain or some kind of clay it is just the torso and has the numbers 280 5/0 1/2 carved on its back any idea what it is?
image.jpg
Here is a rose glass bottle neck with a stopper found in a nearby fence row I’m sure you can’t identify them but cool nonetheless
image.jpg
Pottery and glass from the site
image.jpg
A massive blue glass bottle base probably around 7 inches wide with very crude seams and
K X G7 5 in raised lettering on the bottom a time frame on this and the other artifacts would be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
Upvote 7

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!!!!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can tell, your doll , bottle neck and the glass stoppers probably date 1890s to around 1910 . I would be hunting this site hard !!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Bisque doll head is german 5/0 size. The 280 mark is listed as an unidentified maker

OP
OP
K

KentuckyIron998

Nov 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are bisque dolls rare and would it come in a set I’m hoping more complete ones are at this site how old are they

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are bisque dolls rare and would it come in a set I’m hoping more complete ones are at this site how old are they
Short answer some are rare and valuable Most smalls like this are 5 bucks for heads. same for a pair of arms or legs. The bigger they are the higher they go. Traceable markings are very easy to research. There is a guy in germany that makes a side living off of Heads arms and legs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread