10 year old daughters first finds, my finds from yesterday with a BIG first!

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
My 10 year old daughter Kelly has been wanting me to take just her metal detecting. I take my 15 year old son quite a bit and she has gone with us, but she complains of him hogging the detector. He is getting better and doesn't have the patience to help his little sister learn, but what teenage boy does?

Last night we went on a daddy daughter date to a local elementary school and she was thrilled to say the least. I set the detector to signal only zinc pennies and higher targets to make the experience easier on her. I stayed close by and when she gave up on finding her target(usually after 5 minutes) I would step in and find it for her. The small pile of coins is hers. The token is a Cabala's token with a deer on the front, very cool find in the tot lot.

I had a first for me. I got a dollar signal, and the GTI said it was coin sized at 3 inches. I knew I either had 4 stacked quarters or something similar. The GTI is great at weeding out the dollar signals that aren't really good signals. I was surprised to find my first IKE dollar. The school only dates to about 1980 as do most schools around here, so it was really a shock.

We spent about an 1 1/2 hours and Kelly can't wait to go metal detecting again. I think I am going to have to buy a third detector. Thanks for looking...Ryan

Attachments

• detecting 390.jpg
    detecting 390.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 458
  • detecting 378.jpg
    detecting 378.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 454
  • detecting 379.jpg
    detecting 379.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 457
Upvote 0

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
i also find my son to be the same... no patience..

you never know what youll find in the tot lots.. kids love to bring different items to school to " show off " - including my son....

wtg sounds like a fun time.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great finds! No doubt about it, a third detector is going to be mandatory. Way to go!

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Great to see the future of our hobby finding a pile of coins, pretty soon she'll have you beat, I took my 4 yr. old out she has a $50.00 bounty hunter Jr. and she found 2 pennies before i even had time to turn on my DFX. gotta love it!!! keep up the good work Kelly. It only gets better.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hook her up with a detector -- the son will get a car soon and you'll still want to have a hunting partner -- gals can have fun MDing with dad too ---ever heard the term "daddy's girl"?

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Way to go, Kelly!!!!!!! ;)
She looks pretty happy :)
Congrats on the Ike, Ryan 8)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Great finds in deed, love the Ike dollar!!! :)
can't go wrong with a garret 8)
RD

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Kelly did real good, yep I think an Ace 250 would be perfect for her Dad. Like the Ike, I found one earlier this year too...what a shock that was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread