Civil War Reunion Medal!!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I finally find something decent...

Found this with my EXII...I just got a new job, so now I have weekends off...I hope to be finding more cool stuff!! ?Not a coin, but still neat.

Anyway...I looked this up online http://pages.gunsightantiques.com/5052/PictPage/1922258994.html
and it turns out it is a medal given to those who attended the 25th annual Confederate veterans reunion in Richmond, VA June 1-3 1915.
As soon as I pulled it out I saw the wreaths around the edge and realized it was a medal...I saw the bust and thought it looked like Stonewall Jackson...and the word "reunion" I immediately assumed it was some kind of commerative civil war medal. Actually it is Lee.

Were it in good condition, it would be worth 200-300 bucks...
However, if I can get ahold of a list of who attended the reunion, I am pretty sure I can nail down who THIS one belonged to based on where it was found. ?There couldn't have been too many guys that attended that reunion...if you were 15 in 1865 you would have been 65 in 1915...and even then I doubt if many of them could afford the trip even if they were fit enough to go. Also found today were two pennies from the 60's, an old mason jar lid with glass seal, a compass about the size of a dime, and I found a wheat penny behind the radiator. (Not w detector!) All this occurred at my parents house which is over 200 years old...

Attachments

• medal1.JPG
    medal1.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Nice Find MDnoob, a little more resaearch on who's it might be would be cool.
good Luck and thanks for the Post.

R

rvbvetter

Now that is really neat!! Let us know what you find out about it. Is'nt it a thrill to find something like that?! Touching the past! Very nice find!! WTG!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread