Equinox finds its first silver! Dime trifecta!

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a silver dime trifecta today in my local trashy park with my 800! First 3 silvers of the year for me! Hit 7 wheat pennies as well. All targets were at least 6 inches deep and mixed in among trash. Except rosie dime was right next to a nail by sidewalk I have pounded. I literally followed my buddies footsteps while he was using is racer 2. He did not get a good hit on any of these targets. I am really starting to love this machine. And if you check my first few threads I was not impressed right away. I got a couple of the digs on camera even. Keep in mind this is a small park that I and others have absolutely pounded for years and years.

Here is the video:

Attachments

• 20180317_182252_resized.jpg
    20180317_182252_resized.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 24

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! πŸ™Œ Some old Wheaties in that batch.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! [emoji119] Some old Wheaties in that batch.
Thanks! Thought maybe I would see and Indian head come out of the area but no luck. I will be back there for sure.

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! If I found only the pennies, I'd be happy! Nice job on the dimes!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the trifecta of dimes!

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! What changed your impression of the Equinox?

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything you found that day was simply great,and from a little park that has been pounded many times is awesome. You also found some very early wheat pennies too.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! What changed your impression of the Equinox?
Honestly the 62 Rosie I found right next to a sidewalk. I have hit this sidewalk strip at least 5 or 6 times. I walked this sidewalk edge with my at pro several times with both stock coil and 5Γ—8 coil. Then I got my Etrac and hunted this same sidewalk over the last two years several times with stock coil as well as 6 inch coiltek coil. I have found a hand full of silvers and wheats along this sidewalk in the past so that is the reason for hitting it so hard. It had stopped giving up any coins until I hit it with the 800. There was a rusty nail right next to this dime. I actually saw nail first and thought "shoot just a nail". Then I rescanned the hole and got the clean signal again and then found the dime in same hole. This was only about 2-3 inches down so depth was not an issue. The target was masked by nail for all my other coils as well as the dozens of other coils that others have passed over it.

Then I also managed to pull several wheats and 2 more silver dimes from a trashy area at around 8 inches. So it has great depth also. It didn't do so hot in my test garden so I was not expecting that kind of depth.

I actually found a 1910 wheat penny today at 10 inches or so. This was in same trashy area of park. The signal was only hitting from one angle but it sounded good and it was deep and repeatable so I dug it. This may be the deepest coin I have ever dug with any detector! I found a merc with my Etrac last year around 9-10 inches but this was a bit deeper.

The more I use it the more I see how impressive it is. Yes I do wish it had more target info FE and CO numbers would be great. But I am learning to really listen to tones and watch VDI and I am seeing that it really does have pretty accurate target ID.
20180321_150414.jpg 20180321_150408.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread