Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wife and I were detecting a stretch beneath some power lines, the only place of easy detecting for the waist high tall grass. I had left her to the more open area and was picking my way thru the tall stuff looking for some laid down grass. We were mainly finding shotgun headstamps, pull rings, foil, bullets and can slaw but I still found the 4 wheaties, the oldest was a 1926. I always try to keep an eye out for her when we hunt apart and as I glanced back her way, I could see her coming my way and waving her hands. Then I heard her say that she had detected a snake and it was still there. I asked what kind but all she knew was that it wasn't poisonous and so I headed her way. sure enough it wasn't poisonous and it was out sunning itself in the 80 degree weather(yesterday). She finally decided to get a picture of it with her phone and barely did before the nervous snake disappeared into a clump. She was proud that she didn't freak out and said that she was concentrating so hard at making sure that she was gridding the stretch correctly that she didn't notice the snake until her coil nearly hit the snakes's head. So, I have to say that I am proud of her as well seeing how she used to react. She had a run and scream like bloody murder or shoot it no matter what attitude. She was also very concerned that she wouldn't hear a rattlesnake rattle but she learned otherwise. She likes to call herself tenacious and in many ways she is very much so. Now this was not the first snake that I have seen this year, just the 1st one while detecting. so while some of you are still enduring ice and or snow, we have had some warmer temps and the critters that come with them. Be safe all and don't do something stupid and hurt yourself out there.:laughing7:

Attachments

• 0317181610.jpg
    0317181610.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • 0317181610_Burst01.jpg
    0317181610_Burst01.jpg
    848.7 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 11
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photo and a happy ending for all! :icon_thumleft:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
she saw a snake and didn't die, yaaaay

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the wheaties

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny we saw our first butterfly of the year on Fri, which was pretty early! Seeing as we had snow yesterday.

Kasper1212

Mar 6, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV, Garret Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahahaha...I thought you was gonna say it turned out to be a stick, but when I clicked the pic I saw it was in fact a snake lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread