Mainly Interesting Old Brass Stuff. Girl Scout Pin.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Honestly, I do search for old coins but, run into all sorts of other weird stuff mainly. I found a really cool old Winchester 10 Gauge shot shell with a Winchester 12 Gauge Repeater stuffed into the open end. Like usual I tried to get the 12 gauge brass out and chipped it in the process. I was wanting to make sure it's not stuffed with gold coins.;D I found a round brass thingy stamped, Bunting Made In USA CB 36 F. No idea what it is? A very cool old find was the huge Stromberg Carlson Telephone Manufacturer Brass plate. It was shallow and SCREAMED! Must be from late 1890's to early 1900's period from what I have seen so far. Any more detailed or specific information on anything you see here let me know. Rusty old knife, Illinois Department of Conservation 1952 tag for a trap the home owner thinks? Round threaded brass cap, Winchester New Rival 10 Gauge brass, W.R.A. .32 W.C.F. brass, old brass oil lamp part, and a few brass rings. Another toasted Hot Wheels car. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 001.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 002.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 003.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 004.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 005.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 006.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 007.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 009.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 010.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 011.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 012.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 013.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 014.JPG 10Gauge Stromberg Carlson Brass Phone Plate 016.JPG

Upvote 20

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another cornucopia of finds. 😁 Way to go, Kevin! 🙌

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a great phone item, I would have rather found that than a coin any day unless it was a key date coin of coarse. It is amazing the stuff you run into!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Liking the name plate Kevin, also the shell. Both are cool keepers for a display of items that one digs.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Kevin! Like most the phone plate and shell get my “neat” vote!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the relics Kevin. Your all brass shotgun shell would date from around 1870 to the area of 1920 give or take a few years.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kevin, you manage to find sites that hold some awesome stuff! I managed a lowly permission on a pond that only yielded a mess of crappie. released all the bass and two catfish, one 5lb 13 oz and the other 8 lb 8oz. I would invite you down here to eat some but the wife already put the big hurt on them! (she loves fish and venison LOL)

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, you manage to find sites that hold some awesome stuff! I managed a lowly permission on a pond that only yielded a mess of crappie. released all the bass and two catfish, one 5lb 13 oz and the other 8 lb 8oz. I would invite you down here to eat some but the wife already put the big hurt on them! (she loves fish and venison LOL)

I love Crappie.:icon_thumright:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting finds. The GS Pin is almost 40 years old. I think the Stromberg-Carlson tag very interesting.
Congratulations

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Nice assortment of finds. That brass thing that says bunting looks familiar but I just can't place it. Automotive? Installer/remover for bearings or seals? Good luck.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found the shotgun shell thing as well...I wonder why they did that?

1521910981383.jpg

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
match case, cool

from a 1912 Hunter trader trapper magazine. (Always be sure to have some matches along with you keep a good reserve stock in your pockets Get a good waterproof match case and fill it and do not use from it except in cases of emergency A good cheap match case is made by getting a new shotgun shell a 12 gauge is about right get another that has been used until it is expanded If the old one will not fit over the new one it can be expanded more by driving it over something slightly larger care being taken not to split it by forcing it down too tight It should be fit snugly but not tight enough to give trouble in opening If it seems a trifle too loose rub a little paraffin wax on the outside of the inner shell be sure the primers are in tight and you have a match case that is watertight and as good as any you can buy)

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi some nice interesting old finds. Love the girl scout pin:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy assortment there,and I like the Girl Scout pin best.

Thanks mate. I have found quite a few Cub Scout & Boy Scout stuff but, not much Girl Scout items. I like it too.:hello:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks mate. I have found quite a few Cub Scout & Boy Scout stuff but, not much Girl Scout items. I like it too.:hello:
My display case is actually the same way. My Cub Scout / Boy Scout findings ratio is 40 to 1 to Girl Scout items. I believe thats because the boys would be outside doing rough and tumble stuff like boys did, and the girls acted like girls (more primp and proper). Also, the Boy Scouts had more pins, belt badges, kerchief slides and awards made of metal that were put on their uniforms. The Girl Scouts had mostly sew on patches. The only Girl Scout item I have ever found is the same exact pin you did. With all of the Cub Scout / Boy Scout items I have found, I could start my own troop !

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting indeed!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread