14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Long story short, the next door neighbor to my girlfriend's mom had thrown her wedding band off her finger and into their yard roughly 3 years ago, and upon hearing that I had a metal detector, my girlfriend's mom told me about this. I said I thought I could find it if they let me look with the detector. So the first two times I tried, I didnt' get there until nighttime, and with moths and bugs going after the flashlight I had it wasn't very efficient detecting. The third time I tried it was afternoon, and the family's kids were enthralled with the detector, and I literally couldn't swing it because I had kids on each side of me awaiting the treasures I may dig up!

So, the 4th time, I decided I needed to get serious and try to find this thing, since I judged it couldn't be anywhere other than this yard (road was too far, yard was fairly large). So I get to it, detect for maybe an hour and a half, digging up EVERY signal. Finally come upon a somewhat broken up signal in the +15 area on my White's XLT, dug it, and found the ring. I took some pics of it still in the ground, and some of it out. The neighbor was SOOOO excited I had found it for her. I even got a $40 reward which I refused, but in the end it was basically forced upon me so I accepted it. Also pulled a little over a dollar in clad and a 1985 dog license from an area 150 miles from here. Who knows on that one!

leislsring003.jpg

leislsring001.jpg

0901071556a.jpg

Upvote 0

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: 14k White gold wedding band found & returned!

Way to go! You Pittsburgh guys are the best! ;D

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Excellent find and great story.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

way to go.....maybe the owner has other property you can detect or relatives that might have old property that you can detect now.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

That's the way...the way...the way...we like it!!! A-ha A-ha. :o
Really nice ring!!!
Rob

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job! Nothing wrong with accepting a reward. If you lost a ring or something, who could you call to help you? I have helped several people find things, they found me on the fields detecting driving by. My most memorable find for a person was for a farmer who lost a front drive shaft of a tractor, value was $600.00, I accepted a $6.00 reward for gas and a pound of cheese from where my family name originates in Germany, LOL. HH, Mike

zartan7779

Dec 3, 2006
new hampshire
Detector(s) used
a cheap $75.00 ebay one

that's a great story thanks for shareing

jim

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Rings can be tough to find; more so under pressure. Great you got the job done and was rightly rewarded. With the high cost of equipment, IMO there is absolutely no shame in accepting payment for digs! :)

GRB

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

OH, and right after digging up the ring, I went back to my girlfriend's mom's yard and pulled a 1945 Quarter. Had a nice silver/gold day.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Congrats on finding the ring. It's nice when you can do something like that.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool deal. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread