Walking the Path of Death or Post War Penny Extravaganza (you decide)

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tears of joy were flowing when the first find was a wheaty penny. I was not ashamed as I stood next to the line of cars in traffic alternately wiping at the date on the penny, and then wiping the tears from my eyes. I was in the most miserable and tiny patch of dirt in an area of town worthless for detecting. My dream find at this terrible spot would be a legible zincoln, or a reusable modern spoon, but there I stood over an open hole with a bonafide wheaty penny in my hand, and I knew this changed everything.

With my heart racing I ambled willy nilly around the site cherry picking penny signals. Youths in passing low riders hurled insults at me but I persevered. Things got very serious eventually as my pockets were bulging with babyboomer spare change and I no longer cared about the pain. I charged hard at every penny signal, plunging my Lesche shovel in at least two inches for every recovery. The worms defended their treasures, but I battled them and the carnage and guts left scattered over the dirt patch made a grown man walking down the sidewalk vomit into the gutter.

Here is a slightly blurry picture of my finds on a paper towel to prove that my story is true:

finds.jpg

Happy hunting!

Upvote 25

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7: Great post!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DAMN WHAT A CAPONE CAP GUN...

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This made me do a bonefide belly laugh. Picturing a scene from "Malibu's most wanted", somehow mixed with some of favorite YouTube metal detecting videos, and I managed to picture the exact picture you just painted. Blurry or not, huge congrats on the Wheaties, you definitely earned them!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's quite a haul!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats. Invest your coinage in a new Coinfinding Superhero costume! Your Avatar makes me do like the grown man. Hunt on faithful scrutinizer!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good gracious! You should be a writer!

Great post, and certainly great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread