Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i drove around looking for fields still open and tried three. First was a field on a farm we recently gained permission to. Complete blank.
Second one was a shot in the dark. The field was open and the farmer was drilling the neighboring field and gave his ok. Came back with the buckle, two modern coins and the horse harness decoration. How call you them?
Best find was the front part of a neolithic hatchet, beautiful polished and sharp like the first day. Too bad it's broken. Made from local flint what dates the hatchet to 3500-3000BC.
Third field was on the way back home. Heavily hunted roman site down on the priority list. Mostly because of the condition of the finds there. All eaten up by fertilizer. The scrappy, fibula frag, tooth and nicely decorated blue pottery comes from the last hour of todays detecting.

32480247gs.jpeg

32480249nj.jpg

32480250bs.jpg

Upvote 18

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice finds:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never even had a frag of a hand axe yet, so that would be a cool find. We are going to get options soon but its still a waiting game...
I guess in 2-3 weeks we are stuffed!

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never even had a frag of a hand axe yet, so that would be a cool find. We are going to get options soon but its still a waiting game...
I guess in 2-3 weeks we are stuffed!

Thanks Cru, they are quite common, what we rarely find are arrowheads. These guys were the earliest farmers here. I'm still happy because it's the first one i found from this type flint. It's mined nearby in late neolithicum, older tools are made from "imported" flint. Kind of weird.
2-3 weeks? I don't think we have that long. For a random field maybe... Hope for the best. Fingers crossed.

mhess22

Apr 24, 2007
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
White's Spectra V3i
White's Bullseye TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That axe head is pretty awesome.

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible to hold an item so old in your hands after all that time. a very cool find!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IF ONLY I KEEP SAYING TIME AFTER TIME. NICE FINDS FROM ACROSS THE WAY.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cru, they are quite common, what we rarely find are arrowheads. These guys were the earliest farmers here. I'm still happy because it's the first one i found from this type flint. It's mined nearby in late neolithicum, older tools are made from "imported" flint. Kind of weird.
2-3 weeks? I don't think we have that long. For a random field maybe... Hope for the best. Fingers crossed.

Yes because they are letting us do the drilled Spring Beans. But the new permission (Potato field) will be ready until the next drilling after harvest.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Westfront, that hatchet is great, would love to have seen it full. :icon_thumright:

Hi Rob, here's a pic a buddy has on his page. Characteristic brownish material from the same place. A shame that mine is broken... :dontknow:
32494792ey.jpg

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Breaks your heart when you find one broken like that. Had buddy found one still attached to the handle. Still not a water haul. Better luck next time Lu.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread