Last week - broke into early 1600s

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
This week started not so good as previous. First half was without interesting stuff, but I checked old spots again and again, so did not expect much. The day before yesterday brought first goodies :), although here is a results of 3 hours.

2007-09-06.jpg

Pewter (tin bronse) button is interesting because there are 5 flowers in the pot, usually there are only 3 :). Dated 16-18 century.

button_pewter_12.jpg

local token or medal or pendant :). It says something like "We were fast to cjnsjlidate German honor". I think it is somehow related to German-French war 1870-71.

HSK_1870.jpg

Friday - good day, no need to get up early next day_ so I spent 4 hours on the field which I checked once with Ace 250 and found nothing.
Here are finds except small silver 1 bavarian kreuzer in bad shape which is etching now in baking soda.

2007-09-07.jpg

The first nice find of the day. It was funny - before I found very fresh pulltab, and the next signal in 20 ccm sounded similar so that I thought that somebody drank beer here. Even in darkness I saw that it was shining similar too. But fingers distinguished another relief of it. It is 2 kreuzer (or 1/2 batzen) coin from Pfalz-Neuburg dated 1623 and it is my oldest german coin till now.

2kr1623_pfalz_neuburg.jpg

Have not expected much after it but there were couple of not common finds, as for example this "huge" book clasp.

book-clasp03.jpg

But I was more surprised to find this 10 kopecks of Soviet Union 1939.

10kop1939_rus.jpg

And some of the pewter buttons from last to hunts in different configuration :)

button_pewter_09.jpg

button_pewter_10.jpg

button_pewter_11.jpg

HH

Sand

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great display of finds. Looks the the ACE 250 is doing a fine job for you. Congrats on all your neat finds.

HH,Ringfinder

P.S.

I'll second that on the invite to help you hunt. I'll even let you use my SunRay probe that I have attached to my ACE 250:)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Now those are some great finds. Lots of history tied up in them. HH and look forward to more post.

Desertfox

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Sand!!! Funny, I find a coin weight with an Orb and you find a coin with an Orb. Our detecting certainly compliments each other with the finds found. I wanted to do a hunt with you while I was on vacation but working on the house and other commitments would not give me more than a few hours to detect each day. I think the book clasp may be the hilt/handle end of a dagger. Nice post and finds. HH, Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice. Love the coin!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand,
I'm drooling. What a FANTASTIC bunch of finds you posted.
A BIG high-5 to you.
-MM-

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Just say when and I'll bring them all. Awsome finds.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
You´ll notice he said he checked the field with his ACE first and didn´t find anything. Here in Europe (Especially Germany) you´ll need the larger coil on the ACE to find anything except on pasture (Which in Germany is mostly forbidden). He probably used the Explorer, and even on pasture you get better finds with a deep seeking machine. Depending where you are, depends on how deep you have to search, but good discrimination is a must too, otherwise you´ll be digging so many nails over here, you could stock JC Penny for a year.
HH Ray

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
rayredditch said:
You´ll notice he said he checked the field with his ACE first and didn´t find anything.

Yes, first time I used Ace, and now Explorer. I do not think, however, that Ace was a reason of no finds. I found so many things with it before last October, but that time it was too much water everywhere, too tired detectorist and may be something else :). I just rejected it without thinking and it was a mistake.

Bavaria Mike said:
Very nice finds Sand!!! Funny, I find a coin weight with an Orb and you find a coin with an Orb. Our detecting certainly compliments each other with the finds found. I wanted to do a hunt with you while I was on vacation but working on the house and other commitments would not give me more than a few hours to detect each day. I think the book clasp may be the hilt/handle end of a dagger. Nice post and finds. HH, Mike

Check your post - I put a picture there :)

Book clasp - I think for dagger it should be a bit stronger, but this is only a little thicker than foil

kennylia said:
i'll buy the beer.

Baldingboy said:
Heck...I'll bring scotch or brandy!! Awesome, Awesome finds!!! WTG!!!!

tymcmurray said:
I'll buy the sodas. LOL

Green1 said:
i'll bring anything you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

piggman1 said:
Just say when and I'll bring them all.

Thanks, I think it would be excellent party LOL :)

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
(Quote)I do not think, however, that Ace was a reason of no finds. I found so many things with it before last October, but that time it was too much water everywhere, too tired detectorist and may be something else . I just rejected it without thinking and it was a mistake.(End Quote)

Yes, but I still think the ACE doesn´t go deep enough for most finds here (Once anythings deep it tends to show it as IRON). I think the larger coil would help though. In the States, most people are after coins/jewelry/and stuff that´s not above 150 or 200 years old, whereas we are after stuff that´s quite often 500 to 2500 years old.
That´s why Europeans tend to have machines that give good discrimination at depth, although some of the American machines are certainly up in this league now (T2/F75 etc)
HH Ray
Gruss aus (Momentän nicht so sonnig) Süd Deutschland

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
rayredditch said:
Yes, but I still think the ACE doesn´t go deep enough for most finds here (Once anythings deep it tends to show it as IRON). I think the larger coil would help though. In the States, most people are after coins/jewelry/and stuff that´s not above 150 or 200 years old, whereas we are after stuff that´s quite often 500 to 2500 years old.
That´s why Europeans tend to have machines that give good discrimination at depth, although some of the American machines are certainly up in this league now (T2/F75 etc)
HH Ray
Gruss aus (Momentän nicht so sonnig) Süd Deutschland

Viele GrĂĽĂźe aus Bayern :)

I agree that Ace is not deep enough for untouched ground like i.e. forests. But I mostly detect fields which are ploughed regularly to the depth up to 60-70cm. And there very old stuff can lie just on the surface. I found almost nothing with ace in the forests, but for the fields it is ok. But I prefer to use Exp everywhere except beaches :)

HH Sand

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Me, I like my Gold Maxx Power, ;-)
HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread