Went back to my new spot and scored!! Old gold and more.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So funny to went back early this morning hoping by just a slim chance I get another Seated dime well that didn’t happen, but some amazing things did. I have my equinox set up for coin shooting to my nickels (11/12) and anything about 18 has high volume and junk/trash in a low volume. I get out my truck take 6 steps and literally my first target was a 8” solid 12. I’m thinking V nickel and to my surprise a gold ring with 3 rubies that deep. The band was cut and bent, but what a surprise and it was a solid 12. So I really got motivated after that. After much digging I got 2 IHPs (which I’ve only found 2 in 4 1/2 years and they where both roasted BAD blew my mind. Also 2 War nickels 1 Buffalo, 7 old wheaties and a junk ring. Truly finding a IHP much less 2 was amazing to me. IMG_2856.JPG IMG_2862.JPG )
1901/1905 IHP
IMG_2866.JPG
1937 Buffalo date showing
IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG
2 1943 War Nickels
IMG_0012.JPG
7 old wheats 1917 D, 1919, 1920 S, 1941, 3 unknowns IMG_0012.JPG
Junk ring, ring nonetheless IMG_0012.JPG

Also 21 clad nickels and a fired round ball and I’m talking a 30ft x 30ft area. Virgin spot? IMG_0012.JPG

Awesome last two days!!!! Thanks guys

Last edited:
Upvote 37

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Sir and that Glock, I believe, looks pretty good too.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, Truth, you are really getting the hang of that Nox! pretty awesome ring and then you pull out some other sweet stuff. So, are you liking the Nox enough to add it to your list of machines? glad that your finds are picking up, always awesome to get things to finally click for you. DL

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth you're really tearing up the old finds in that park, seen your posting yesterday of the nice seated. You are one dedicated detectorist!

In the words of that trapper in the movie Jeremiah Johnson, "You'll go far pilgrim."

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are tearing it up! Great finds! Love the gold and garnets. Uh, I'm a little worried about you though, are you putting that machine down once in a while to eat, or sleep?

I took yesterday off but I got another surprise today....stay tuned my friend.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth you're really tearing up the old finds in that park, seen your posting yesterday of the nice seated. You are one dedicated detectorist!

In the words of that trapper in the movie Jeremiah Johnson, "You'll go far pilgrim."

Thanks ecmo I like to blame it on the Louisiana coffee we have out here. Strong lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, Truth, you are really getting the hang of that Nox! pretty awesome ring and then you pull out some other sweet stuff. So, are you liking the Nox enough to add it to your list of machines? glad that your finds are picking up, always awesome to get things to finally click for you. DL

dirt I’m really getting it now. I can’t put it down I’m glad I can do my work at night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread