My first 2 weeks metal detecting!

Gulfcapt25

Aug 23, 2007
New Orleans La - The Big Easy-
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
First of all I wanted to thank everyone here for your great advice. I have learned alot from your comments and input. Well for the last 2 weeks I have been learning my machine, I went out 4 times in two weeks and I think I did ok. I have been detecting at a Local baseball playground. I found my first piece of jewerly, a gold charm (Dont think it is real gold). On the ace 250 it came up between the nickel and the foil? It also has some corrossion on it. Take a look at the pics, and thanks again for your great advice. John

Attachments

• 2 week total.JPG
    2 week total.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCN3746 (Small).JPG
    DSCN3746 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 524
Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of coins. You are off and running! Keep digging.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't be long b4 you have your coin rolls filled to the brim...Think you will like the ace more and more. HH

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like your doing great ! keep it up and congrats ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good, John. Congrats!

;) RR

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
4 more weeks and you will have enough for new batteries ;D just kidding, research around your area and ask for permission from owners and you can find more than clad, that even popular wilver is waiting :D Good luck on your future MDing endevers. Ed

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Looks like some dedicated digging to me..........CONGRATS! All of that digging is also good practice. Keep up the good work, that ACE 250 is good machine and it looks to me like you're doing well with it.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Gulfcapt, I'm impressed. That hoard of treasure looks more like what some of the 'old hands' put on here.
How many hours involved in finding all that?
My own experience is less than 10 hours in total, for $1.65 - but worth every minute ;D

Cheers, Mike

OP
OP
Gulfcapt25

Gulfcapt25

Aug 23, 2007
New Orleans La - The Big Easy-
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
trikikiwi said:
Wow! Gulfcapt, I'm impressed. That hoard of treasure looks more like what some of the 'old hands' put on here.
How many hours involved in finding all that?
My own experience is less than 10 hours in total, for $1.65 - but worth every minute ;D

Cheers, Mike

Hey Mike,
I have made 4 trips out and about 2 hours each. So I would say a total of 8-10 hrs. You have to remember that no one here metal detects, so there are tons of clad around here. Im still waiting on my first ring and silver coin. Right now im just trying to hone my skills before I hit the older areas of town. John

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John,
Seems like we are on the same track.
Good luck and enjoy your Hunting.
Cheers, Mike

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow great finds....this is what I needed to read, its boosting my feelings on my ace 250... so thank you for that plus all the great comments on posted all over in this forum... maybe, just maybe I will have some good luck..... cant go out tomorrow as I have jewelry craft show to do..but you can bet your bottom dollar I am gonna hit some areas... thank you for the boost gang..

rae

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
John, I have to hand it to you, for only doing this for 2 weeks you have a great collection started. You keep this up and you'll sweep us all under the rug for total number of coins found for the year! HH and the best of luck to you. Don't worry my friend, the gold and silver are coming.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread