Not much, an alien coin.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Got a call from Baldingboy yesterday and he asks me "Can you go huntin with me?" He knows I have to watch the kids on the weekends so this was a sadistic attempt to harm me with my favorite hobby, little did he know it was going to BACKFIRE on him big time. :)

As soon as I explained to him for the 1000th time that I could not detect and watch my 2 y/o tornado and my daughter isn't into the detecting too much right now my sister calls. "Hey what are you doing right now?" She asks, she NEVER calls me or returns my calls to her, come to think of it nobody wants to talk to me on the phone or return my calls, hmmmmm, anyway. I told her we weren't doing much and she tells me she is going to dinner with my MOM for Grandparents day and asks if she can take my two kids with her. Wow what a great offer! I think about it for about as long as it takes me to say "YES" and then I start packing my gear into my car like a clown in fast forward!!! 45 mins later my kids are in her car and off to dinner and I am on my way to ruin someones day. It is good my sister volunteered cause I was thinking really hard about locking the kids in the closet with water, crackers and a dvd player and going anyway. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (I would NEVER do this it was just a funny thought)

So I jump into the car and head over to where I know Baldingboy is detecting and as I pull up I see him taking coins from his Clad Chest and tossing them around in the grass! So that is how he is getting his numbers up!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :)

The look on his face is priceless when I get out of my car and turn on my Deleon, (the Beast had dead batteries and I forgot the battery adapter at home for regular batteries) and I start swinging. After finding about four of his previously "found coins" he starts crying again and begs me to give him back his clad, and because I am his buddy I do. :D ;D :)

Ok enough of this fiction, parts of what I have written is true. I was very LUCKY yesterday to get to sneak out and hunt with BB. We didn't find a lot but we had a good time talking about the CTH, the upcoming week and where we plan on hunting , the possibility of getting to hunt a site in New Madrid with possible CW relics, etc.

We both found about the same amount of trash, canslaw is everywhere you look and even more so where you dig. I did manage to find a 1952 nickel and a foreign coin of some type. Got out with BB for a rare weekend hunt and had a good time.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,108392.0.html is where BB posted his finds.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to post my "finds" even though not spectacular like a lot of you other forum members find.

Oh yeah since I know BB will be going back to this place again and probably without me, I lovingly dug several strategically placed holes and buried him some "treasures", hope he like digging up cans! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-[

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 737
  • 52.JPG
    52.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 726
  • 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 740
  • beatrix.JPG
    beatrix.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 727
  • cd.JPG
    cd.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 739
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, the coin is a Netherlands 25 cent

HH
-GC

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
ME, I'm still ROFLMAO. Your stories are a hoot! A few nicw finds by the way. BB's gona cli you up side the head for putin them cans back. ;D

HH to the two of you!

Desertfox

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mastereagle, you men are all alike. ;) When my hubby was laid-off and playing Mr. Mom, I would come home from work to an empty house, the kids at my sister-in-laws and hubby in the woods somewhere. Oh, those were the days!
Glad you could get out and HH!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geckokid said:
That a euro from Holland. (The Netherlands)

actually, pre-euro coinage

HH
-GC

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Green1 said:
you 2 must have a great time out...... :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Yeah we have been known to make people crash their autos, fall over laughing and make babbies cry while we are detecting. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Mastereagle, your stories crack me up. I think you really were thinking of locking those kids up in the closet. At least you were going to leave them with the essentials. ;D :D

And I was beginning to believe the clad seeding BB was doing..... now I can't decide what parts are fiction and what is true! ;) ;D ;D :D I guess I have to read BB's version to get the facts.

BTW - it's nice when the kids get 16 and 17 like mine. Then you just ditch them by leaving a note on the kitchen counter. When they come home from school they will see it: "Went metal detecting. Make Pizza in the freezer for dinner." ;D

Bob

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Yes but when you ask your 2 y/o if he wants to go see his grams and he looks at you and says very politely "No shank you" your heart melts and your forget you even own a detector. At least mine does with my little guy. :)

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you were able to get out but I noticed you got skunked on the zipper pulls.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
mastereagle22 said:
Oh yeah since I know BB will be going back to this place again and probably without me, I loving dug several strategically placed holes and buried him some "treasures", hope he like digging up cans! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-[

Vengeance is mine saith the Baldingboy!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
mastereagle22 said:
Got a call from Baldingboy yesterday and he asks me "Can you go huntin with me?" He knows I have to watch the kids on the weekends so this was a sadistic attempt to harm me with my favorite hobby, little did he know it was going to BACKFIRE on him big time. :)

As soon as I explained to him for the 1000th time that I could not detect and watch my 2 y/o tornado and my daughter isn't into the detecting too much right now my sister calls. "Hey what are you doing right now?" She asks, she NEVER calls me or returns my calls to her, come to think of it nobody wants to talk to me on the phone or return my calls, hmmmmm, anyway. I told her we weren't doing much and she tells me she is going to dinner with my MOM for Grandparents day and asks if she can take my two kids with her. Wow what a great offer! I think about it for about as long as it takes me to say "YES" and then I start packing my gear into my car like a clown in fast forward!!! 45 mins later my kids are in her car and off to dinner and I am on my way to ruin someones day. It is good my sister volunteered cause I was thinking really hard about locking the kids in the closet with water, crackers and a dvd player and going anyway. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (I would NEVER do this it was just a funny thought)

So I jump into the car and head over to where I know Baldingboy is detecting and as I pull up I see him taking coins from his Clad Chest and tossing them around in the grass! So that is how he is getting his numbers up!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :)

The look on his face is priceless when I get out of my car and turn on my Deleon, (the Beast had dead batteries and I forgot the battery adapter at home for regular batteries) and I start swinging. After finding about four of his previously "found coins" he starts crying again and begs me to give him back his clad, and because I am his buddy I do. :D ;D :)

Ok enough of this fiction, parts of what I have written is true. I was very LUCKY yesterday to get to sneak out and hunt with BB. We didn't find a lot but we had a good time talking about the CTH, the upcoming week and where we plan on hunting , the possibility of getting to hunt a site in New Madrid with possible CW relics, etc.

We both found about the same amount of trash, canslaw is everywhere you look and even more so where you dig. I did manage to find a 1952 nickel and a foreign coin of some type. Got out with BB for a rare weekend hunt and had a good time.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,108392.0.html is where BB posted his finds.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to post my "finds" even though not spectacular like a lot of you other forum members find.

Oh yeah since I know BB will be going back to this place again and probably without me, I loving dug several strategically placed holes and buried him some "treasures", hope he like digging up cans! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-[

OK...here is what happened. He pulls up and jumps out of the car while it is still rolling. The car crashes into the shrubs in front of the school. I actually heard his detector chirping (unlike the beast that groans) before the car stopped.

I wasn't seeding the ground with coins. Rather, I was planting can slaw at strategic locations to keep ME22 busy digging. He is digging holes like a squirrel storing nuts for winter and I wonder if he is continually dropping and picking up something he is up and down so fast. He inquires how much clad I have found. The competition is on. He mentions that he eyeballed a dime and penny and how he is now ahead of me. I threw something at him.

As he was detecting I hear him talking and talking. I find out (only after reading it here) that WE were talking about the CT Hunt coming up. Really, all I heard was blah, blah, blah. I would say "OK" and "yeah", and sometimes "9" or another number when I thought he was asking a question. On occasion, I would hear tittering peppered with thunderous laughter. I think he had a good time.

All and all, a typical hunt. He managed a couple more coins than me....but I punished him on clad total dollar amount with $1.86. He commented on how the XLT loves Quarters. I told him that me and the XLT get along good that way. :P

With a finger to the side of his nose, and a twinkle in his eye, he jumped in his car and was gone. It was like he was never really there. Really. ;D

And now you have been brought up to speed on what really happened. :-X :D ;D

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
:D Great story :D

I don't know what would be more fun...

Hunting with you guys or waiting to read the story later ;D

You guys are a hoot!

HH

Nickel_B

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
[/quote]

OK...here is what happened. He pulls up and jumps out of the car while it is still rolling. The car crashes into the shrubs in front of the school. I actually heard his detector chirping (unlike the beast that groans) before the car stopped.

I wasn't seeding the ground with coins. Rather, I was planting can slaw at strategic locations to keep ME22 busy digging. He is digging holes like a squirrel storing nuts for winter and I wonder if he is continually dropping and picking up something he is up and down so fast. He inquires how much clad I have found. The competition is on. He mentions that he eyeballed a dime and penny and how he is now ahead of me. I threw something at him.

As he was detecting I hear him talking and talking. I find out (only after reading it here) that WE were talking about the CT Hunt coming up. Really, all I heard was blah, blah, blah. I would say "OK" and "yeah", and sometimes "9" or another number when I thought he was asking a question. On occasion, I would hear tittering peppered with thunderous laughter. I think he had a good time.

All and all, a typical hunt. He managed a couple more coins than me....but I punished him on clad total dollar amount with $1.86. He commented on how the XLT loves Quarters. I told him that me and the XLT get along good that way. :P

With a finger to the side of his nose, and a twinkle in his eye, he jumped in his car and was gone. It was like he was never really there. Really. ;D

And now you have been brought up to speed on what really happened. :-X :D ;D

[/quote]

Of course I jumped out of my car and let it roll into the bushes, my car doesn't have brakes. I had the money to fix them but I spent it on the Beast and a Sunray. That's just how I roll. As for my detector chirpiring, doesn't everyone drive around with their machine on and run out and detect the medians at every red light?

How ironic that you were planting can slaw in an area I had covered with the stuff just two nights prior because I knew you would go back and I wanted to make sure you got to dig plenty of targets, hmm seems we are more alike in this manner than not. ;D I did find a dime and two pennies before I ever go to the place we were hunting and they were in the coin box in my car, I did NOT count them in the totals!! Man what a baby! :)

Yeah he and my wife have one thing in common, they both ignore me about the same amount, I thought I was giving him the winning numbers to the lottery so we could share the big winnings, oh well I guess it will be all mine now. :) ;D

We had a set time to be home by and I stuck by my time within 5 minutes, when I left BB he was still swinging and digging and his wife was pulling up carrying a baseball bat. Wonder how that went? Wasn't sticking around to find out... . . . . . ;D ;D ;D :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread