There is gold in them there parks. Struck gold!!!!

Detectorist143

Jul 10, 2017
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics patriot, Tesoro silver Umax and a BH 101 Hey Who was laughing? With 8" & 10" coils..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well finally got out today and had a blast!
Hit my local parks again. Figured I would practice
Some pinpointing and play with some settings.
All was going great and pinpointing without the PP
Was working out great. I hit a couple copper pennies and a few zincs. So I played with the notch and got
Nickel to notch back in and set my tones to 3H.
I hit a few quarters and a dime. Then a nickel.
Yippy I was happy I got it to notch in and the tones to work.
I decided to dig all nickles as because I typically
Don't. I hit 3 more niks and was thrilled.
I move to the tree line after that. Thinking shade and picnickers. Then the ring. 3 inch down and a solid 30's #.
Nickel I thought. OMG. My first gold. 10k and it fits LOL..

1529116124945-1856549606.jpg
1529116175699-1259762901.jpg
1529116074801330817875.jpg

Upvote 39

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations D143!! Got my first ever gold a couple weekends ago! It too was a 10K ring. Good work!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gorgeous Gold - Congratulations!:occasion14::headbang:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats - If you were passing up nickels before - wonder if you missed any gold :dontknow:
When I was a kid hunting - I could not afford a discriminating machine - hunted all metal and found lot of gold
behind guys that did - now I water hunt and still hunt all metal and still find lots of gold behind guys that do
If you are in it for the hobby - take your time and try and take it all out - especially at spots near you that you may
frequent a lot
I know if you travel to far spots - time can be limited - so you want to make the best of it
but if close by and you have the time - try and get it all - lot of small gold will go off as foil
lot of medium gold especially white gold will go off as tabs - whether on land or in water - continued good luck

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats - If you were passing up nickels before - wonder if you missed any gold :dontknow:
When I was a kid hunting - I could not afford a discriminating machine - hunted all metal and found lot of gold
behind guys that did - now I water hunt and still hunt all metal and still find lots of gold behind guys that do
If you are in it for the hobby - take your time and try and take it all out - especially at spots near you that you may
frequent a lot
I know if you travel to far spots - time can be limited - so you want to make the best of it
but if close by and you have the time - try and get it all - lot of small gold will go off as foil
lot of medium gold especially white gold will go off as tabs - whether on land or in water - continued good luck
Agreed, that's my style as well, although I'm not in all metal mode, I'm wide open with no disc. Teach your ears to hear everything & decide yourself, never let the machine decide or the numbers. (Never use notch)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent find! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great gold find plus it fits, very cool. My wife keeps hoping to find a better men's gold ring to replace mine and I wouldn't turn it down if she found one

OP
OP
D

Detectorist143

Jul 10, 2017
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics patriot, Tesoro silver Umax and a BH 101 Hey Who was laughing? With 8" & 10" coils..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, i' m pretty pumped over the ring.
I would love to dig it all and I have the yard to prove it LOL.
But at parks and public trash pits its just not feasible.
Just Way to many signals. So I just keep going back and hit the same area over and over again digging with less D.
But at the same time I know that digging ever signal as I have in my yard is the only way to " clear the soil" if there is such a thing.
I have never seen another detectorist out in my county and no local clubs. So I'm pretty confident I have time to
Do the hunts slow and keep the ground neat so I have no
Problems in the future.
BTW:
I am look at starting a 4H metal detecting club here at the end of this season. I am a dog trainer by trade and am all ready involved through the dog club.
If any one has info on starting a metal detecting club I would love to have a copy.
Thanks again all I'm going back out tonight after classes.

HH

Eleven Cents

Nov 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! Mid range targets can be silver, too. Two of the three pieces of silver jewelry I've found have sounded like nickels or pull tabs because of their irregular shape. (A crucifix and a chain bracelet.)

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold - can’t beat finding it ready to wear! :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, i' m pretty pumped over the ring.
I would love to dig it all and I have the yard to prove it LOL.
But at parks and public trash pits its just not feasible.
Just Way to many signals. So I just keep going back and hit the same area over and over again digging with less D.
But at the same time I know that digging ever signal as I have in my yard is the only way to " clear the soil" if there is such a thing.
I have never seen another detectorist out in my county and no local clubs. So I'm pretty confident I have time to
Do the hunts slow and keep the ground neat so I have no
Problems in the future.
BTW:
I am look at starting a 4H metal detecting club here at the end of this season. I am a dog trainer by trade and am all ready involved through the dog club.
If any one has info on starting a metal detecting club I would love to have a copy.
Thanks again all I'm going back out tonight after classes.

HH
Yes you have to tailor your approach to each situation but the end result should be the same. We grid ploughed land at about 2 acres a day & at the start there are too many nails & junk to get rid of every signal but after going over the same spot for 10 years we should have got most of it.

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first gold ring. I'm still looking for mine. Good strategy digging those nickel tones!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
frequent a lot

Casper-2 and Cru, it is this sort of information and advice that makes Treasurenet so incredible.

I came here as a rookie coin roll hunter.

After a few months of watching "Today's Finds" and other forums here I decided I wanted to start metal detecting. The folks here helped guide me to a Garrett AT as a good starter/intermediate machine. You guys and ladies ALWAYS take the time to help others get better if they're willing to listen and follow advice.

Thanks to you all for the gift of experience and the willingness to share.

Grease

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Gold!! Its a keeper.. Bet you will dig all of your nickel sounds now... :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece of gold! I feel your pain about digging in those high trash areas, very hard to stay focused and just not cherry pick the good sounds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt that a freakin mind blower all the rings that seem to pop up here and there ..Shes a beauty good lob!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread