Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a drive thru convenience store nearby and I generally stop once a day. Usually my detector is in the vehicle and several of the clerks have asked to see some of the things I find.........and I oblige them. On Wednesday the owner and mother-in-law of one of the clerks asked me if I would be willing to look for her daughter-in-law's engagement ring. They were having a family gathering the previous Saturday and the ring was lost in the "yard".........

2018 06 22 1 of 5.jpg

This yard is 25 miles south of my hometown and it seemed like a reasonable request. The daughter-in-law met me there and I inquired about her movements during the day and how/where the ring may have been lost. She had taken off 3 rings to put suntan lotion on her oldest and put them in her pocket. And, she had been chased by the same youngster with water balloons during the day. But, she had not fallen or rolled around with her kids while playing. All of this activity had taken place in the side yard................

2018 06 22 2 of 5.jpg

GASP/GULP!!!

The thought that instantly ran through my head was, "This isn't a 'side yard', it's a friggin' football field!". This was not going to be a quick hunt for a ring!! This was the proverbial "needle in the haystack" kind of adventure!! Well, it was a recent drop, we had no rain, so I figured Compadre set just above All Metal with a pointer and a probe and check out all the loud and proud signals that come my way..........
3 hours on Thursday afternoon and 3 hours this afternoon and.............

2018 06 22 3 of 5.jpg
This shot was staged since the ring was just under the grass.

And the happy recipient........of her matching engagement ring to her wedding band..........

2018 06 22 4 of 5.jpg 2018 06 22 5 of 5.jpg

Sorry about the long story/post, but it was a long hunt........with lots of prayers!!

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck to all on your adventures........................

Upvote 30
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story and ring recovery! :occasion14:

Thank you for sharing!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been a great feeling finding that for her. Congratulations on making her day and yours.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post, Chiz! Hopefully you'll have a few or more good permissions come your way for your hard work! Congrats, I'm sure the poor girl was sick...Ddf

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a good man Charlie Brown! Your good deed helps make us all look good and when the word gets around what good people we are itโ€™s easier to get permissions. Without permissions we are all out of luck, so thanks for the help and keep swingin.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good show Chizzy. Thanks for making the hobby look good. Honorable mention forthcoming sir!

Best of luck to you.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you can check off the box after your name for "One of the good guys" Chizzy. Well done our friend.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been a great feeling finding that for her. Congratulations on making her day and yours.

It was a disappointing first day, Hawks.......mostly because she was there watching. But, it was a great relief and feeling the 2nd day!! Thanks......

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome post, Chiz! Hopefully you'll have a few or more good permissions come your way for your hard work! Congrats, I'm sure the poor girl was sick...Ddf

She was visibly upset, ddf. I called her shortly after the find and asked her if she wanted her ring back........boy, the other end of the phone erupted in sheer joy!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a good man Charlie Brown! Your good deed helps make us all look good and when the word gets around what good people we are itโ€™s easier to get permissions. Without permissions we are all out of luck, so thanks for the help and keep swingin.

I was offered rewards 3 times from 3 different people for this one and refused all of them........I've been given permission to hunt all around their store and will take advantage of that opportunity. I'll wait and talk to the owner to see if they have any other properties the are willing to allow me to hunt.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good show Chizzy. Thanks for making the hobby look good. Honorable mention forthcoming sir!

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Tom.......your sentiment is much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread