NEXT CRAIGSLIST SITE PROVES JUST AS PRODUCTIVE!!!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
So I was out hunting yesterday in one of my Craigslist lots from the end of the 1800's, when I just couldn't take the fire ants anymore!! The grass is getting a bit too high to hunt, so after finding a few coins,(nothing very old) I decided to move over to another lot that I had permission to hunt. This lot also had an old shotgun style home on it that was torn down within the last year I believe....My first target turned out to be an old victorian looking watch fob, my first!! After a few more minutes, another hit, and I dug up an old drawer pull!! Just a few feet over from that, and I found another one, but just the handle this time...still working the same area, I get a good copper hit, and out comes this half of a compact....I see the hinge, but no sign of the other half(maybe the next hunt). After I get it home to clean it, I notice the wording on it...Three Flowers Richard Hudnut New York--Paris...It has a real nice art deco feel to the top, and the inner part seems to still be intact....Also found a strang piece that appears to be a leg, or maybe a decorative corner part for some furniture....any help would be great on this..aournd one of the many trees on the edge of the property I found these various buttons, which up until last week I had just found my first....Also found yet another marble, this time a yellow one...then I found this strange tube looking object....it looks like a small lipstick tube, but is heavy, and thick for its size....it has some knurles towards the end and is threaded...any ideas on this?? To round out the day, I found a couple of strange decorative plates, and a watch that still works(modern watch) it was only off by a week, and an hour ahead!! I will be posting some whatisits for iding later tonite....As always thanks for stopping by and looking!
Sean

Attachments

• watch fob.JPG
    watch fob.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 565
  • watch fob back.JPG
    watch fob back.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 553
  • drawer pulls.JPG
    drawer pulls.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 539
  • compact top.JPG
    compact top.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 557
  • compact ins.JPG
    compact ins.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 552
  • compact wording.JPG
    compact wording.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 536
  • corner piece.JPG
    corner piece.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 548
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 527
  • yellow marble.JPG
    yellow marble.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 534
  • knarled tube.JPG
    knarled tube.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 529
  • double axe head.JPG
    double axe head.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 519
  • watch.JPG
    watch.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pretty buckle. :)

OP
OP
Baggins

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
The "fob" seems too small to be a belt buckle...it measures just under 2" at its widest point...the top hole is only about 1/2" wide....
Thanks
Sean

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baggins said:
The "fob" seems too small to be a belt buckle...it measures just under 2" at its widest point...the top hole is only about 1/2" wide....
Thanks
Sean

Looks more like 1 half of a late Victorian 'butterfly' buckle. The other half looked the same but had a hook to go into the loop

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Some really cool relics. Sounds like a great place.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe the knurled item is an older tire valve stem cap.

OP
OP
Baggins

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
An old valve stem cap?? Man those were heavy, and HUGE!! About what year were these used?
Sean

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Twenties. I have several I dug at the site of an old garage. Some even say they're manufactured by the schrader company (they still make valve stems). They are big and heavy. The valve stems, which I also have found, are probably 3/8" to 7/16" across and 3 to 4 inches long.

Clean yours up and you might see the company name on it.

OP
OP
Baggins

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Well, I did find some ceramic wire insulators with a date of 1920 on them at the same site......makes sense...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread