At my Louisiana 1820’s Paradise permission. Take a look.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ll let you know what I find just wanted you to see what Louisiana History looks like.Enjoy and wish me luck. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG
And here’s the backyard IMG_0012.JPG
1920’s in ground IMG_0012.JPG pool

Upvote 44
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow ! Hit it hard and hit it often ! There's gotta be a bunch of goodies in there ! ( well who really knows ? ) I've dug a couple that looked liked heaven for metal detecting - and got zero, zip , nada ! )

I blanked today but there’s a lot more land to cover.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wishing you the best and I know you'll hunt it to the best of your ability. Wow that place was a real beauty back in its day. Should be plenty of cool treasure come out of there.

I’m gonna hunt it for years to come. Lots of ground to still cover.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Permission? Hell...that'd be a CAREER for me. [emoji23] Hope you hit the jackpot, Truth. [emoji119]

Ogre I’ll be hunting it for a while there a guy who was hunting it before, he knew the old owner, for 15 years. He showed me buttons from 1812, relics galore, Louisiana CW buttons, Confederate buttons, tons of coins over the years. Never a half dime or half real so I had to find them :)))

I’ll keep hunting what he missed

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind the pouring rain that place looks really cool keep at it my friend

I'd hunt this place in two feet of poison ivy with mosquitoes chewing my legs off.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely beautiful! Good luck, it looks very promising. Oh, if only those buildings could talk! There's got to be good finds around that old pool. Keep us posted.
HH
dts

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Are you kidding me? Dig it all my friend. Lots of luck.:occasion14:

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep us "posted".

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I went 5 times already lots of iron but this is want I have found View attachment 1613699 View attachment 1613700
So far a half dime, real silver and I’m still amazed I found them. I’m blessed. I still have so much land to cover I’ve only worked the side of the house in the iron patch. STAY TUNED :)))

That half real is in fantastic condition, more detail than I have even seen on a dug one! Great bust half dime too, very rare to dig. Can't wait to see what else you find there, I can only imagine the stuff that might be buried there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice place to hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Good Luck!

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is absolutely amazing! I would go nuts. Living in Oklahoma...I can only dream of having a place like that to hunt.

OO

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If the tree lined old road is now in the backyard, then maybe the home was modified or another even older home was there at one time as the tree lined road should have lead to the front of a home. It looks like a scene out of "Gone with the Wind" or another movie showing a Southern Plantation. I would detect that whole grownup roadway and around the trees and straight to the home or where another home sat. There should be lots of targets in these locations and if there was another even older (now gone) home and you can locate where it stood, then you should have lots of luck around it.

Last edited:

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That looks like an amazing place to live or hunt. Nice pictures...
Your are blessed to have that spot, looks like there would be tons of stuff in that dirt.
You have your Spanish silver from there, now go dig that pelican button. "Mid tones"

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I just can't resist saying this!

"All you treasures hiding there, Truth will set you free!"

I got a chuckle anyway :laughing7:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the tree lined old road is now in the backyard, then maybe the home was modified or another even older home was there at one time as the tree lined road should have lead to the front of a home. It looks like a scene out of "Gone with the Wind" or another movie showing a Southern Plantation. I would detect that whole grownup roadway and around the trees and straight to the home or where another home sat. There should be lots of targets in these locations and if there was another even older (no gone) home and you can locate where it stood, then you should have lots of luck around it.

Previous home was in 1770’s and this house was built around it. The owner located the original 1770’s fireplace bricks and he gonna let me detect under the floorboards he said it’s all dirt under there. Another reason I bought that 6”.

Two movies where already filmed there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread