At my Louisiana 1820’s Paradise permission. Take a look.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ll let you know what I find just wanted you to see what Louisiana History looks like.Enjoy and wish me luck. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG
And here’s the backyard IMG_0012.JPG
1920’s in ground IMG_0012.JPG pool

Upvote 44

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that looks great! Hope you find lots of bucket listers!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding.... Looks like a lotta ground to cover alone... JS... lol :hello2:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure do hope that new 6” coil works wonders for you. Can’t wait to hear what you think of it. Hope you don’t find any more nails. Lol.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Permission? Hell...that'd be a CAREER for me. 😂 Hope you hit the jackpot, Truth. 🙌

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good that you can find beauty in that. I wish I could have. But being raised there, I took it all for granted as so often it happens. Couldn't wait to leave, actually. Though to be honest, it was mostly because of the extreme poverty.

At least I don't take it for granted up here in New England. I assume it's because it's a whole new world. I do wish that I could bring someone from up here down to the backwoods of Washington Parish where I grew up and show them a different world. I do think that would be pretty cool.

Anyway, hope you score some killer finds. Keep us posted.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow,what a beautiful site. And architecture.
Wish I had taken pics of some old places I've hunted.
One day you look...They are gone. Or you don't get back to look again.

One favorite old house I have a large spoon from the yard. Did not expect the house to disappear or I would have stopped back with a camera.....

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing you the best and I know you'll hunt it to the best of your ability. Wow that place was a real beauty back in its day. Should be plenty of cool treasure come out of there.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Hit it hard and hit it often ! There's gotta be a bunch of goodies in there ! ( well who really knows ? ) I've dug a couple that looked liked heaven for metal detecting - and got zero, zip , nada ! )

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That looks amazing for 1820s. Looks like a decent amount of ground to cover too. I'd be thrilled. Good luck!! Hope you gets lots of goodies!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To all my friends I did 4.5 hours off swinging 3 hours of it was pouring rain. I enjoyed the 6” and I do like it. I goes through the tall grass like butta. But today the detecting gods wasn’t on our side. My buddy I met from here has detected this place by himself for 15 years and he showed me things he found there that I only dream about. But today wasn’t our day. Still got iron so the 6” isn’t iron proof but what is. I’m just really blessed I have to opportunity to hunt there another day. It’s there.

P.s. Spoke to the owner and he said there was a house prior from 1780 that this house was built on.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind the pouring rain that place looks really cool keep at it my friend

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd refuse to hunt that until he mowed it for you!......:happysmiley:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing permission there, there has to be some Spanish and early US silver there, probably plenty of coppers and relics too. I would definitely check around that pool too, I bet that people dropped plenty of 1920's silver coins around it. Congrats on such a great permission, hope you find some great treasures there.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing permission there, there has to be some Spanish and early US silver there, probably plenty of coppers and relics too. I would definitely check around that pool too, I bet that people dropped plenty of 1920's silver coins around it. Congrats on such a great permission, hope you find some great treasures there.

I went 5 times already lots of iron but this is want I have found IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG
So far a half dime, real silver and I’m still amazed I found them. I’m blessed. I still have so much land to cover I’ve only worked the side of the house in the iron patch. STAY TUNED :)))

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try to look at the place with Google Earth. Some aerial viewpoint might give you an edge on the topography of the place. Look for aberrations in the grass, that might indicate previous structures, roads, paths, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread