A first for me and a first for the girlfriend

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected a place that was being redone top to bottom last August and the neighbor said I could do his as well but we "had to split the finds"....so I never went there to hunt.

He's a nice old fella and has Lou Gherigs disease...his house was built in 1929.
So, we didn't have a place to go and I've been trying to put my girlfriend on some silver so I stopped by and asked if he remembered me and the offer he made me. He did.

I told my girlfriend if she doesn't find silver here then she never will. Bahahaha! We started on the easement to get the feel for things (nothing there) then moved to the front yard where I took one half of the yard...one wheat penny in the whole front.

He also said we could do the backyard which was awesome....the fronts have been pounded over the years.

So I snuck back there to claim it all for myself, then someone started encroaching on my territory when she found out where I was. Just kidding, I've been trying to get her on top of silver.

She was over there saying I have a solid 87 on her Ace 400....I told her
"Well dig it then it's probably your first silver" ....it was and she got on the board first.

20180722_134059.jpg

So, I started hitting wheat after wheat, most I've ever dug in one day...then got a dime signal that was bouncing to penny range... a wheat and a rosie close together. Finished in one direction then started at a different angle and had a zinc penny signal that turned out to be my first war nickel. 1945 Sweeeet.

20180722_145044.jpg

All in all I dug 12 wheats, a silver dime and nickel, and 24 cents in clad.

Girlfriend had her first silver coin and 4 wheats.

20180722_161337.jpg

Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

Upvote 14

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All in all a great day of hunting with the girlfriend. Some nice old coin saves including silver. Congrats

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job...both of you! 🙌 Aren't war nickels cool?

OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Vhoov

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to add that we knocked on the door to show him everything and he didnt want anything.

I may drop off a restuarant giftcard for him in the mailbox

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great finds and a great story.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt and nice that your girlfriend is involved in the hobby with you. I got my girlfriend involved back in 2011 and she's been hunting with me ever since. Good luck in future hunts.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I love that my girl likes detecting! Glad your girl found her first silver, she will want to detect even more now!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the fun hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread