Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did two relic hunts today, about 4 hours worth. Found a 1950 German 1 Mark coin, an 1890ish coin and my largest relic find ever, an iron wagon axle. This thing is about 5’ tall and weighs around 80-100 pounds. The ends are tapered and this axle looks to be a front axle as it has a pivot point/hole and is slightly bowed. I thought it may be a gun from WWII when I hit the signal due to its length. Probably worth $5.00 in scrap iron, LOL, I wonder if it has any historical value? I left it leaning against the tree however, I somehow want to go back and get it. I have two old wooden wagons in my barn with wooden spoke wheels, they are disassembled but I do not know what the axles are made of, have to check it out. HH, Mike
16Sept07axle.jpg

Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relic, Mike. I hope you manage to lug it back home just don't hurt your back in the process. Could you tie a rope around one end and drag it home? Keep digging!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you just stuck it in your pouch until the end of the hunt (like kirk would have) :D

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
I looked at the picture before I read the posting, I thought it was an airplane propeller!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I'll second that! That must have taken some time to dig. I'd take it home just for the work that had to be done to get it.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Jesus Mike, don´t you ever have enough digging ? I give up if it´s anything larger than a fifty calibre case nowaday´s (Get a few of those here, along with M 16 rounds).
HH Ray

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Well thats cool......my kind of find :) But dont you think if the axle is there,then more parts or other stuff would be near...

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was only a few inches deep, I figure a farmer cleaned out his barn and dumped it there. There were a few other weak iron signals I did not dig and the whole wagon is definitely not there, LOL. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread