Fourth Day, First Silver

scottlindberg

Greenie
Feb 2, 2007
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Went out for a short 2-hour hunt this afternoon, which made this my fourth day out with the new Ace 250. While it might not seem like a banner day by the standards everyone here sets, I hit a milestone I wasn't expecting this early on. My first silver! Along with a little bit of clad, I pulled a 1957 Roosie and a nice little sterling 2nd place academic award medal from 1954-55. At first I thought it was a religious medal, but when I cleaned it up I realized that it was more academically oriented (I think). The back of the medal is marked "Sterling" and the company mark I think says "Dyer," although I cannot tell for sure. It is engraved as follows ...

A Z
54 - 55
2 ND

It certainly made my afternoon. I've found several wheats over the past few hunts, which I thought was great. But silver was phenomenal! I think I found a nice little hunting spot to poke around in for a while.

0916a.jpg

0916b.jpg

Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
The silver Dime is cool, but that medal rocks!

Great job!

Ridley

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver . I like the silver medal .... ;D

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Great finds,I hunted for a month solid before I dug a silver and I had only found a couple of wheats prior to that. Looks like you are in a really good spot if you are pulling wheats out really keeps you interested when you are finding them,knowing silver could be lurking around every corner. Keep swinging that Ace and Im sure a lot more silver is in your future. Wait til you find a gold ring,then you will feel obliged to dig every single pulltab/foil because it might be a ring,HH...Shoot

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Welcome to Tnet Scottlindberg. That first silver is a great milestone. I am among the many who doesn't score a lot of silver or much. But let me tell you that first silver I got was as exciting to me as the incredible finds are to the others. And seems like once the first silver pops out there might be a little lul, but soon enough more silver begins to show up. Perhaps even a taste of gold.

Congratulations on that first silver.

Postalrevnant

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Well done. Love the medal. Congrats on your first silver. HH
Bob

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Very nice silver. WTG and keep posting.

HH

P

Pentico