I struck Silver at a rather strange place - Pics added.

D

Darod

Went into Starbucks Coffee the other morning for my morning cub of java and found a nice surprise.

Since I've been detecting it seems that my eyes are just drawn to any change I see.? With this in mind, I was standing in line paying for my coffee and right there in front of me is a small clear glass container where you put tips for the folks working behind the counter.

I placed my order and handed the fella my debt card for payment.? I started into my pocket to get a few coins to drop into the tip jar and looked up at the tip jar in front of me.? About this time the fella was turning around to pour my coffee and I got a very nice surprise as I looked at the change in the tip jar!? Right on top was a dime that looked a bit different than the other dimes and change in the jar.? I knew right away that it was a silver dime,...pre 1964 Rossie.?

I pulled out 3 quarters from my pocket and while the fella had his back to me I reached into the jar and pulled out the dime and dropped in the 3 quarters.? I sorta felt bad about putting my hand in there but I knew the guy would just pocket the dime and spend it on whatever without knowing what it was.

It turned out to be a 1952 in ok shape.? Silver for sure? :)

I have some pics of it in my camera,...I just haven't had the time to post them on my web server to link to them.? I'll get to it as soon as I can and added the pics here.

dime.jpg

Later that same day I hit a play ground I haven't hunted before and found lots of clad and some other things to include a ring.? I'll add those pics as well.

Anyhow, I thought the story of the dime was worth sharing.? I liked it? :)

Rod

Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Re: I struck Silver at a rather strange place

Rod, A find is a find.I have not looked up the dime but i'm sure you paid more for it then actual value.HH

OP
OP
D

Darod

LOL :D :D :D

I wasn't paying for the dime man! I was tipping the guy.

The dime was free :)

Funny comment though!

Rod

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Rod I know you were tippig,you said you kind of felt bad abought putting your hand in the jar.I just thought the guy made out. :) HH

OP
OP
D

Darod

I gotcha :)

I haven't looked up the coin myself yet. He probably really made out since he would never had known he had more than a dime and probably would have just spent it like a dime. Hell,.....it is a dime ;D

AHHHH, But a silver one (taps index finder to side of head). ;D

Rod

F

Floater

free2Dtect said:
Reminds me of the time I made change from the church collection plate.? ;D

ROFLMA, Free, ya gotta warn me when you post a zinger. I just got this new laptop and My coffee came out my nose and all over it. LOL.

Rod lets get those pics posted here. Whats the Ring like???HH

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I pulled the same move at a Cracker Barrel, the tip from the people before us was still sitting on the table, there was a 1964 dime so I traded it out for another one. I'm the same way, every time I see some change, I just gotta check it out.

Dudes

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

free2Dtect said:
Reminds me of the time I made change from the church collection plate.? ;D

? ?LOL? ? ? FREE, You'r My Hero LOL

I'm glad My Coffee was sitting on the counter at the time LOL

stevejco

Greenie
Mar 20, 2005

I work the stamp counter at the post office waiting on 200+ customers a day. Probably get silver 2-3 times a month in change plus a bunch of wheaties from the coin rolls from the bank. Of course I replace all I take with clad and the boss only cares that my cash drawer balances at the end of the day. Heck I don't even need to see the silver I can tell I've scored some by the sound it makes when it hits the counter. There's nothing wrong taking advantage of an opportunity as long as it's legal and your not hurting someone else. I think we are much more aware of our surroundings than most folks. We have spent countless hours fine tuning our senses through our MDing. We have studied patterns in peoples lives, where they lived,worked, traveled and played. This makes most of us historians to one degree or another. Some are great at observing changes in tides, shifting of dunes and slight variations in terrain. How many times has your gut told you that you should just swing a little bit longer or just hit a site one last time and you pull one of your best finds? Maybe we have a stronger intuition or a nose for treasure. Maybe we just want it more than the next guy and are willing to work at it. Or are we just really really lucky? lol

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not only is Free smokin HOT but she's also funny as hell!!

ruck

Mar 5, 2005
Mansfield,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Numerous
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Free, You Go Girl!!!

Ruck

pony

Greenie
Feb 12, 2005
Lansing, MI

That would have been funny if Starbucks dude turned around with your hand in the tip jar!

Rod: Uh...heh ..heh. .uh ..you see... uh this dime, it's uh...uh heh heh....I was going to tip you these quarters...really...uh heh heh.., aw crap!

Star bucks dude: Yeah, sure. Just take your coffee and get out.

LOL!

OP
OP
D

Darod

Ok,

I added the pics of the dime. Nothing special, just a silver dime. Seen one, you've seen them all :)

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread