1905 token, 1909 wheat, Navy button(?)

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I went to the silver farm this morning with just one thing in mind: find something old. I still have two more weeks to wait til cottage leases expire, then it's back to the silver; I just have to be patient. Back to this morning's hunt, I'd have to consider it a success. Not spectacular, just a success. My first good find was this commemorative bank token, honoring the Homewood Peoples Bank and its new building in 1905. Immortalized on the token are Joseph R. Paull, President; John F. Baxter, Vice President and H.F. Linnenbrink, Cashier. About the size of a half dollar, it appears to be brass and well preserved. My second good find was an 09 wheat, no apparent VDB, and about the sixth I've found on this property. Finally, I landed the top of a button that has an eagle perching(?) on an anchor. You button/military/Navy guys might recognize it. Unfortunately, there is no back or other identification. No silver, nothing extraordinary, but a nice morning anyway. It was cool and I didn't have to contend much with mosquitos!

Attachments

• homewood (2).jpg
    homewood (2).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Homewood 3 (2).jpg
    Homewood 3 (2).jpg
    8 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Anything with a date like the token you found is neat in my book, and a cool wheat and button too.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread