🥇 BANNER Megalodon tooth found today!

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the biggest tooth I have ever found. It was laying in the sand at the water line and it's 3 inches. I'm very pleased to have found it.

az20.JPG

az21.JPG

az19.JPG

Upvote 82

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer find !

Revrob

Jan 24, 2016
Cherry Valley
Detector(s) used
At pro, Nokta FoRs CoRe, equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s freaking incredible. Nice find.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find and not too far from me though I have no idea if these can be found further up the bay. Gives me hope. Congrats

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it depends on the region. I found this along the wide Potomac river. I mainly hear of people finding these under high cliffs in this area. I have seen videos of creek finds in Florida and the Carolinas. Some of those Florida creeks look pretty creepy(!).

We used to look down in Estero a lot when I was a kid..but walking around black water isn't a fun feeling.

Killer find BTW!

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find and not too far from me though I have no idea if these can be found further up the bay. Gives me hope. Congrats

They find a lot of them across the bay from you - Chesapeake Beach down to Calvert Cliffs and beyond. There are some amazing finds on youtube videos of those areas. I'm not sure about the Eastern Shore.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on Banner. Looks better up there imo than most of whats been making it lately

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is about as nice as they come, with some color too! Proud for ya, bro!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is impressive up there !! Congrats !! You'll love venice there are some big ones there !!

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that is impressive up there !! Congrats !! You'll love venice there are some big ones there !!

Hey thanks Blak Bart. There was some real luck in finding it but it was such a pretty day and so pleasant along the river that anything would have been a bonus. I think scuba diving and all the beauty down under will be fantastic.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks Blak Bart. There was some real luck in finding it but it was such a pretty day and so pleasant along the river that anything would have been a bonus. I think scuba diving and all the beauty down under will be fantastic.

Scuba is the way to go in venice. You will really enjoy the experience. And you can find that 5 incher. photo-838.JPG you can see how perfect yours really is in comparison to most finds. The norm is more like these photo-837.JPG the great thing about venice is the amount that can be found. the beach is loaded with all types of shark teeth. Its pretty easy to find hundreds of smaller teeth. My wife and kid find jars full of smaller teeth while I look for the big one in the water. Great family fun !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! That first one is amazing and huge! Venice will be a 2+ hour drive from Naples but I am excited about diving off the beach. If I manage to find something cool...well, I'll have to find a car with good gas mileage!

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terrific find! I am going on vacation to the ocean next week, thankfully megalodon has been extinct for a long time!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find ...... I’m sure you were looking for something else that’s pointy but I’d be happy to take that home any day

Crowslot

Feb 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think of the things this monster ate for lunch...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread