Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out Monday hit a spot I haven't been to before, got a signal it was kinda choppy. It was one of those areas you run your machine wide open cause there wasn't much trash at all. VDI flashing 80 to 82 so I dig the plug and pop out a wheatie I always, always ,always, recheck the hole another beep on my p pointer another wheat beep again war nickel again merc dime again merc dime one more time 46 rosie. I have found many coin spills on hills.... Im pumped its raining pretty good but you know the feeling you don't care. Nothing after that silver but I know more is there. I found the knife balloon button some bullets the first pic some kind of weight I think... t\The bracelet or the half braceletand knife were from the prior week. Whenever I go to a new site Ill dig all signals to try to age the area found those really old pop tops. Im going back soon, Thanks for looking HH Tommy IMG_0187.JPG IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0191.JPG IMG_0192.JPG IMG_0193.JPG IMG_0194.JPG IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0199.JPG IMG_0200.JPG IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0202.JPG IMG_0203.JPG

Upvote 76

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if they were sledding on the hills.

I have a spot where i find tons of those blanks as well down about 2-3", they sound good on the at pro so i dig.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that had to be exciting, great job pilfering hill!
I too have used the advice to hunt hills, still waiting for a spill

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Sounds like it’s not too trashy either

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Tommy, incredible coin spill find! Pretty soon, they are going to name a hill in A2 after you!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huge congrats to you A2. It's always a great hunt when you pull that many keepers from the same plug.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats A2! You found a great spot and finding that kid of spill will get you pumped up even in the heat. Continued good luck buddy.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work on the finds Tommy. I took your advice the last time you said to check the hillsides. I went to an old ball field where people would sit on a small hillside to watch the game. Found over $13.00 in clad. Congrats on the silver.
Glad to hear when people picnic its usually at the top of a hill telling ya my Friend!!!!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, Tommy. I have never found a coin spill with that many silvers. That is outstanding.
Thanks so much my Friend I miss Apache Junction

r
and r stix they used to give a free drink if you could shhot a quarter into a shot glass they had behind the bar boy I hit that thing all day long lol I used to move and set up mobile homes out there!!! I wish I had a detector then!!!!!!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Tommy, Congrats! It's pretty unusual to find 30 cal blanks. My brother-in -law used to bow hunt on a Marine base, mostly wooded. He used to bring me hundreds of them he would find in the woods, some still in their metal boxes. I used to reform them into 22-250 cases which were almost impossible to buy then.
Thanks for the ID there were a lot of those out there I they worth keeping Those are some big cal shells. Ibet in VA you find a lot of 50 cal shells from the hillicopter door guns thousands in just a few short bursts

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Tommy, Looks to have been a very good hunt for you. One of the reasons I got myself the AT Pro, not having to pack up because it starts raining a bit. Congrats to you Mister.
I love that at series is amazing deep easy to use water proof and they hit on coins very solid amazing machine I was having a good ol time rain didn't bother me a bit!!!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if they were sledding on the hills.

I have a spot where i find tons of those blanks as well down about 2-3", they sound good on the at pro so i dig.
There is a sledding hill at the Arboretum in A2 I found 2 rings in about ten minutes silver zippers make up compacts knives all kinds of stuff. I see it like this how do people lose coins rings a coin is in the bottom of your pocket so on hills when they fall the coins fall rings bracelets ect. People lay down on the top of hills Honey holes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread