Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its been raining for three days straight and I had been dying to try out my new Equinox 800, today would be the day.

I woke up and got back out to the same old house I thought I had thoroughly gone over twice with my other detector.

Once I left my truck I started it up and swept it three times, and got a hit, thought that was odd as I wasn`t expecting one
right away. It was a solid 20 so I dug my plug, pinpointed it and scooped out a 1896 Indian Head!!! My oldest yet, and to make
it even better, it was five feet from where I dug the 1907 Indian last week.

I had a few more tones and dug up a wheat cent, and then three more within a few minutes.

Then I swept the end of the yard where I had the coin spill last week and got a 29 signal, I thought that might be good and once
I dug the plug I saw a Franklyn half dollar! Wow, it was pretty, my second silver coin!

Once that yard was done I went a block down the street to another house I`ve hit multiple times and found another wheat penny
right by the sidewalk.

Fifteen minutes later I went over by a big maple tree and got a funny signal, it was bouncing between 11-13 but it was repeating
so I thought I better dig it. Once I had the plug out, I found out it was in the plug and saw it was a nickel.

It was funny looking so I ran back to the truck and poured some water on it and all of a sudden saw a V, my first V Nickel!
20180921_090412.jpg
I thought this was about the best thing that was gonna happen today, but I was wrong, I checked the hole again, and found another one!!
Sorry, some of the pictures are a bit blurry, couldn`t be helped, my hands are still shaking!:laughing7:

This is just unbelievable 9 out of 13 coins were old, I don`t think I`ll beat this day anytime soon, WOW!!!!!:headbang: 20180921_100524.jpg 20180921_110246.jpg 20180921_110353.jpg 20180921_121516.jpg 20180921_121555.jpg 20180921_121857.jpg

Upvote 67
OP
OP
DirtDigginDan

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing that you missed a silver half with another detector, AND, that you had your best day ever swinging a brand new machine!

Congratulations, and good luck moving forward.
And to think this morning I was a little scared to try out the new machine, I wasn`t sure I would recognize the tones right away, it took me a few days with the AT Max
before I got good at knowing what tones would usually be. (still got fooled lots of times tho!)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first V Nickel, that Franklin Half, and everything in between. What a great hunt.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs! Congrats on an awesome day!

Happa54

Feb 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
EQX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did an excellent job with those finds. Good blow-by-blow report.

Congrats !!!!!!

OP
OP
DirtDigginDan

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today didn`t go as well as yesterday, all I got was a bunch of clad and 4 more wheats and another 1896 Indian, I really got spoiled yesterday.:tongue3: 20180922_204146.jpg

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freaking cool. Love some ihp but that Franklin is still on my BL. Way to go on a killer day!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score!!!!!!! Love seeing that big silver come out of the ground!!! :icon_thumleft:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And to think this morning I was a little scared to try out the new machine, I wasn`t sure I would recognize the tones right away, it took me a few days with the AT Max
before I got good at knowing what tones would usually be. (still got fooled lots of times tho!)

I am curious as to which setting you used on your new Equinox? I have the 600 but keep going back to the Eagle II with Bigfoot coil to cover more ground. I can’t get used to those tones on the Equinox yet.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day with great finds. HH

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Really nice finds, It seems oddly nostalgic to see folks getting so excited to hold the coins that were common in my youth. I think I got a franklin for my sixth birthday. Figuring they'd make and I'd get lots more, I spent that one on something unworthy. I remember when the bank distributed the first Lincoln cents. They gave us a bank shaped like a liberty bell if our folks opened an account for us. Banking was much different back then.

We started making and distributing Lincoln cents in 1909 and for you to remember you had to be, what, say at least 5 years old? Were you in fact born the first decade of the 20th century or earlier? You must be around 115 years old or older. WOW!

Back to the thread....

OP
OP
DirtDigginDan

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am curious as to which setting you used on your new Equinox? I have the 600 but keep going back to the Eagle II with Bigfoot coil to cover more ground. I can’t get used to those tones on the Equinox yet.

I`m just using Park 1, I haven't messed with any settings other than trying out different tones, still trying to figure it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread