City Park Gold

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank McCDig for taking to one of his spots to hunt IHP. Sadly to say we didn't fair to well on the IHP. I got a really crusty one and he got two other ones.
The area was loaded with bottle caps and iron. Digging was tough to say the least. I got a nice 68-70 VDI on the AT MAx at about 4" deep underneath a piece of fallen branch, was hoping for a coin at least. When I turned the plug over I saw something yellow, thought it was another gold bottle cap. Imagine my surprise when I pulled a 10kt 1966 school ring out of the plug. Thanks for viewing. Comments are always welcome.
IMG_0531.JPG IMG_0534.JPG

Upvote 29
OP
OP
Jamie1993

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank yo u all for the comments. I especially want to thank McCDig for showing me the spot. That is the second gold ring I found in a park that he has taken me to. You have to dig those mid tones to find the rings. Hunting the big city parks you find they are loaded with bottle caps.

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad for a city park that has been pounded to death. You are probably still grinning from ear to ear. Congrats to you Mister.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread